Help! Error codes on Clarion HU

I cant believe anybody didn't mention this.
Try cleaning the laser lens with one of those cleaning disks, it could just be a dusty laser lense.

I suppose it "could" be, but unfortunately, I seriously doubt it. I think it needs a little work.

I seriously doubt a local dealer will fix it. It would be sent to a repair center(http://www.unitedradio.com is a great service center....I think they cover clarion).
FYI, over the years, from what the local shop has seen, IF a clarion had an issue, it was usually error 3 or error 6. I think your laser is either misaligned or is crapping out.
How would that generally happen though? J/w. it crapped out on me in the middle of a song.

It hangs on FILE READ when I insert a CD then flashes the error code.

maybe the lens is just dusty?

I suppose it "could" be, but unfortunately, I seriously doubt it. I think it needs a little work.
Is it worth it to just get a Brand New head unit? I'd really like an Eclipse but the local dealer is quite far away. I could settle for a cheaper Alpine though. I just want my music back! I jsut put hte system in two days ago and now this **** happens.

How would that generally happen though? J/w. it crapped out on me in the middle of a song.
It hangs on FILE READ when I insert a CD then flashes the error code.

maybe the lens is just dusty?
It is a piece of electronics. Things crap out all the time. As mentioned, you can try a cd lens cleaner. At this point, it can't hurt anything. Other than that, I suggest contacting united radio and getting an estimate. I ran an 835mp for a few months. Overall, it was a good deck.

Is it worth it to just get a Brand New head unit? I'd really like an Eclipse but the local dealer is quite far away. I could settle for a cheaper Alpine though. I just want my music back! I jsut put hte system in two days ago and now this **** happens.
Only you can say whether buying a new deck is worth it, especially if you could get your deck repaired for maybe $80 or so.

IF you buy a new deck, I do strongly recommend Eclipse(having ran them for a decade). Until I bought the 8250, they were the best sounding decks I had used.

I cant believe anybody didn't mention this.
Try cleaning the laser lens with one of those cleaning disks, it could just be a dusty laser lense.
I can't speak for other brands, but clarion I can. DON'T EVER use a lens cleaner disc on the clarion HUs. I did and it was a $160.00 mistake. Nothing wrong w/my HU, but after spending $550.00 on a new HU back in 96 I wanted to take absolute perfect care of it. Put it in, cleaned the lens, and it wouldn't play a disc after that. Sent it to clarion and the lens was scratched to hell.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.