HELP Engine noise/ground loop

Participant count
  • Participant list

SethPhillips
5,000+ posts

I'sa Playa
ok so all i did was move my ground for my 2 amp's and cap.. and now i have terrible engine noise... i moved the ground EVERYWHERE!! tried new rca's the only thing that worked was a ground loop isolater

but now everytime i tun my headunit on my speakers pop really quick and i can here alt wine!!!!

please help

LOL no replies huh. isolators work somewhat. check ur ground points with ur DMM multimeter if it read 0.1....... or whatever thats a good ground point if it read 1.0..... bad point. whereever u find that point sand the paint off and and clean with alcohol or something. then use a star washer and bolt that ***** down.. are you grounding the amps seperately? if so where are they grounded to? i like to use a ground distrobution block if i have 2 amps or better.

ok i have my sub amp, cap, and 4 ch amp grounded together.

by the way i am a certified M.E.C.P. installer ijust am brain dead on this one......

ive tried new rca's new headunit its GOT TO BE THE GROUND. i have yet to check it with my DVOM.

here are the symptom's

with ignition on car NOT running. my speakers sound like im amplifying static.

and they pop. when i turn up the sound it sound's like its clipping.

with the car RUNNING. bad bad alt wine!!!!! and all the other stuff i mentiond

i have tried other grounding points and have gottin the same thing!!!! but like i said i have yet to messure my refrance with a dvom

do i take my neg. lead to the batt neg and test my ground with the pos. lead??

thanks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.