Pioneer DEX-P9 install w/OEM amp

LexNBimmer
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I have been told that this unit cannot be installed using the a factory amp because it has no speaker level outputs and that there is no way to convert the RCA level output to speaker level in which the amp can use...is this true?

My factory harness has 4 sets of inputs to the factory amp F-R/L & R-R/L why can't I utilize these inputs from the out on the deck?

Thanks

Why would you spend the money for that unit and not run aftermarket amplification, is the question...

You can use a line output converter to convert the low level wiring into speaker-level...but it's a waste of money...

Because that's not what the new owner wants...she's paying the lien so she can have it her way...aside from the officous advice I am no closer than before to an answer.

Thanks any way.

It would totally depend on the car.

And what type of factory amplifiaction it had. Being that the P9 does not offer speaker level out puts, you would have to have a factory amp that took a low level input, and then could reproduce what the P9 is putting out.

Short story, Don't do it. Its a waste of money. A HUGE waste of money. If you are going to run the P9 Combo, run aftermarket amplifiaction.

It would totally depend on the car.
And what type of factory amplifiaction it had. Being that the P9 does not offer speaker level out puts, you would have to have a factory amp that took a low level input, and then could reproduce what the P9 is putting out.

Short story, Don't do it. Its a waste of money. A HUGE waste of money. If you are going to run the P9 Combo, run aftermarket amplifiaction.

Let's slow down for a minute....it is not the combo only the deck no processor here. All I would like to know is there any way possible to take the signal from the deck run it to the OEM amp for amplification.

Now let's assume the buyer just likes the look or color of the unit and does not possess golden ears or is looking to extract the last imp th of sonic excellence from this set up.

Putting all of your prejudgments aside for a moment is this physically possible?

That is the question before you.

Yes. It's a total waste of money, but it's very possible.

It's a waste of money because it is what YOU would do, but this is not for you. My query was not a philosophical question but instead a question of fact/science; now if you can't separate the two...then that is your own short coming.

If the outcome would be dangerous or harmful in some way by all means speak up, but just because it does not meet YOUR standards makes it a matter of subjectivity not objectivity. This is the precise reason why so many people are turned of by so-called audiophiles or gadget gurus.

at any rate you would have to know what the car is...some cars dont need speaker level power but it is VERY dependant on the car its either some nissans or some toyotas i cant remember which...

at any rate you would have to know what the car is...some cars dont need speaker level power but it is VERY dependant on the car its either some nissans or some toyotas i cant remember which...

BMW X5, some one told all I need is SVEN 2/4

Running a P9 and using factory amplification and speakers is like buying a crate 572 engine and running a stock exhaust, transmission, driveshaft, and rear end.

Wow you just assumed a whole lot, but you are a lot smarter than all but a few on this board.

As far as I am concerned this thread is officially closed, for me at least.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.