Help eliminate possibilities! Subs not acting right

Participant count
  • Participant list

SHOemup233
10+ year member

NooB!
My friend has 2 12" Re SE's in his grand prix. They were working great in his Honda Del Sol sealed. The amp had more than enough in it, it could bottom out the subs if I turned the gain up to much.

He recently moved it to his grand prix and had it installed by ABC warehouse. I just started listening to it and the subs didn't sound to great. I went back and looked at the settings at and the bass boost was all the way up, the phase set to 180, and the gain really far down. I tried to adjust the settings, no bass boost, no phase, and gain up to adjust, like normal. The lowpass was set to 250 and ssf to 25, due to ported enclosure and his HU having a lowpass. So the filters shouldn't have been a problem, yet I couldn't get them to be loud AT ALL without the bass boost. I turned the gain all the way up and bass boost all the up and the subs still weren't performing as they should have been. My friend looked at them today and he said that one sub was moving like it should be, a lot, and the other sub was barely moving.

I think it is either the sub wiring or the amp, and he thinks it is his RCA's. I am going to pull my car up next to his, and run my RCA's to his amp to eliminate the possibility of his HU or RCA's. Any other idea's I could test? It is really frustrating me, as the SE's should be almost as loud or louder than my mag off the same power. It is also below freezing out. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

CLIFFS: Friends subs aren't working as they should. One is moving more than the other. ABC warehouse installed them. They aren't as loud as they should be. I am running my RCA's from my HU to check it isn't his RCA's or HU. Any other idea's?

Thanks guys!

the subs might be connected backwards. try connecting one of the sides opposite. eg. postive in the negitive negative in the positive. if that doesnt work pull the subs and look to see how they are wired.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.