Help. Driver side speaker not playing

Participant count
  • Participant list

dwaine

254 TX
Ok first off, earlier today I fixed my alternator whine issue. Fixed it by grounding the RCA jacks on back of HU. It's pioneer and they're notorious for that problem and the fix is to re-ground the RCA jacks. Did that and whine is gone. Get off work tonight and my passenger side door speaker and tweeter are working fine and only my tweeter is playing on the driver side. I didn't mess with any connections on the amp or crossover inside my door. Tomorrow I'll be looking behind the door panel and what not, but I wanted to get some feedback on what you guys think the problem is. Day before alt whine my amp did go into protect mode. Do you guys think my driver side speaker is shot?

System specs:: pioneer HU (forget the model, has iPod hookup, just cd player, no screen)

Kicker 750.1 - sub's amp

12" CVX - sub

Hifonics 100.2 - components amp

Rockford t1652-s - components

All knuconceptz wiring.

Thanks everyone

check your rca connection again. make sure you did not ground out the rca output on the deck. that can permanately ruin the rca output on the deck...

well now if the tweeter still plays, then does this vehical(what kinds car year make model) might have a external amp with a crossover? Maybe you just have a blown speaker. Maybe the connection came loose? Maybe a tinsel came loose?( you need to check it buy pulling the speaker and looking)

it wont be connected . simple jack. wire will be flopping or you may not see anything wrong. in that case take a 9 volt battery and touch pos to pos neg to neg. It should make a pop noise. If you dont get a response then go buy some decent replacements.

Nvm it is working. Maybe didn't have a good connection to the wires? Idk. But as I type this the speaker is playing in my hand. About to mount it back in. Will update. Thanks guys.

Yes I hated the factory tweets as well. That's why they are replaced and eventually my rockfords will be replace too. But as of now all is working. Tomorrow morning I will run new wire from the speaker straight to the crossover. Thanks a bunch Everyone, especially subzero

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.