How to add fans to two amps.

Participant count
  • Participant list

gyzo33
10+ year member

What's up guys,here is a quick and short histroy. Installing my first system which includes all 4 speakers, new head unit, two amps, two subs, upgrading the big 3. Using 1/0 gauge power wire, etc. Here is my first problem and hopefully the last.

First thing I did was decide the amps will be on the installed on the back of the box, so it will be between the box and back seat like a sandwich. Very tight spot and very little breathing room I want to avoid overheating them.

The question is can someone give me details on how exactly step by step on how to wire the fans because I'm putting in all the wires/cables under the rug and seats, getting all that ready first, and I don't want to put everything back in place and later finding out I need more cables running under there. The head-unit remote wire will have the two amps and a DVD player bypass (using a relay) and possibly a cap.

I've read that connecting too much on the remote wire is not good so I don't know how exactly to wire the fans.

This is what I have in case it will help answer my question.

Pioneer AVH-P3200BT In-Dash DVD Multimedia AV Receiver

Pioneer GM-6400F 600-Watt, 4-Channel Power Amplifier

PIONEER TS-W308D2 12" 1400W DUAL 2OHM CAR SUBWOOFER

HIFONICS BRZ1700.1D - CLASS D MONOBLOCK AMP

Custom COROLLA Box

Thanks! Will install the amps to the back of the seat to avoid vibration and make it a little harder for theft, and thanks for link for the diagram.

Edit: Looking at the diagram of the relay, instead of running another power wire from the battery, can I just wire it to the power distribution block. The block I will be 0 gauge to two 4 gauge wires. I can manage to squeeze in a 12 gauge in there, but will it take the necessary power from one of the amps? Also, using a relay will eliminate problems of burning up my remote wire? Thanks.

You can get power from your distro block. It will only draw a few amps. You need the relay because of the fans that you will be adding. the voltage from the remote turn on of the deck is not enough for the fans. You may also want to conect a .5 amp fuse on the remote turn on wire right behind your deck. and a fuse on the positive wire from the distro block. the rating of the fuse will depend on the total ampere of your fans. This is what I did in mine to protect my amps and deck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.