Help design my box please (2 options)

Participant count
  • Participant list

ChadS99SVT
10+ year member

I need someone to design me a box? Please. I have the next 3 days off and would love to build a box or at least get a good start on one for my truck.

Single RE SX10 sub Ported tuned to 32-35ish not really sure what I would need. I listen to everything but country. going to be pushing roughly 1000rms to the sub.

Design #1

My first choice would be to have an L shaped design sort of making a Center console for the rear seat. Initially playing with the numbers it looks like it could be possible but there are a few things I am not sure about. One is I don't want the sub in plain sight so Ideally I am thinking it will have to face the seat bottom. If I did this will I lose sound firing it into a seat cushion? Then I wanted to have the port firing forward basically right between the front seats. could be down lower but just wanted it firing forward.

Design #2

The other option I as looking at is just folding the single seat up and placing a vertical box of somesort either a wedge2 or just a basic rectangle. which ever works best.

The one pic shows how the center console overhangs a little bit.

Pics for the wedge 2 box

Pic of the area. The jack mount will be removed but this sorta gives you a visual.

Lock location

Measurements.

Check out JLaudio website, they make a box for everything. You dont have to buy one, as their big $, but copy what they have done. They have put a lot of time to build a sub enclosure for every vehicle out there, and we should all be gratefull. I hate it when people bash jl, after all they have done for mobile subwoofer applications.

Check out JLaudio website, they make a box for everything. You dont have to buy one, as their big $, but copy what they have done. They have put a lot of time to build a sub enclosure for every vehicle out there, and we should all be gratefull. I hate it when people bash jl, after all they have done for mobile subwoofer applications. If that yields you nothing , I have an idea. Take the seat cushion part off, build a box for the sub and then attach the cushion on top of the box. Youll loose the folding feature but it might work. Good luck.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.