compact and sq sealed box ?

hoxie08
5,000+ posts

i <3 drugs
The way i understand it, is that a compact box will hit hard, and the SQ is louder at lower frequencies(at least thats how the manual states it..) On my s10l5's the compact box is .66 and sq box is 1.00. I can go up to about .75 feet^3. I want my bass to sound good. It will be loud enough for me regardless, BUT, at midway between compact and sq will the bass hit the low frequencies it actually should? I have a box right now that is too small and it sounds like **** whenever i go loud on a low frequency. So i guess what I am asking is will the .75 sound good on low frequencies?

Any helpful reply is welcomed!

Um. with my 10" jl low frequencies sounded great and it was in a .66ft^3 sealed box...

Anyways, they are 10" l5 solobarics. I am gonna build bigger boxes for them tomorrow and see how it works out.

You can use a 0.65ft^3 and stuff it, It will sound pretty good at low volume. If you got a bass boost then use it at the lower volume.

I stuck a 10" in a .55ft^3 and poly filled it. **** near not enough room to screw it down. It banged good at lower volume.

Yay. Just one question about the poly fill. Isnt it just lightweight...*fluffy* stuff sold at walmart....and from what i've heard the same thing thats inside pillows....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.