Subwoofer Size: 15

Number of Subwoofers: 2

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): slot

What type of music do you like?: slow n throw, decaf, rap, dubstep, drum n bass

Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: SQL sound good and be loud

Tuning Freq (Hz): manufacturer recommends 34hz, sonicelectronix recommends 40hz

Volume : manufacturer recommends optimal ported 4 cuft per sub

Questions:

I am not sure what to tune the box to. I like and listen to most music in the 20-40hz range ( alot of slow n throw ). A review said that he tuned to 28hz and they were not loud at all so he retuned to 34hz and said huge improvement. Currently I have them in a 2 cuft sealed after displacement box and they get real loud now but I haven't had to worry about tuning yet. On the current sealed box the under 30hz range is lacking compared to other subs I've owned previously. So I am open for tuning suggestions but more than likely it looks like 34 hz recommendation from manufacturer sounds like the best.

Never built my own enclosure yet so not sure how to design it to get correct measurements of everything with proper port size and tuning.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.