Help choosing sub in my price range

Participant count
  • Participant list

ampageg2

Hi all. I'm currently looking for two 12" subwoofers. Budget around $200 give or take. I don't currently have an amplifier so I'm not worried about matching it up, though I'd probably prefer 4 Ohm. I've found the three below which look promising but I'm open to suggestions too. I'd like to keep suggestions to items that can be found on Amazon as I have a gift card. Thanks for the help!

Sundown E-12D4 V2 4Ω (Amazon)

Sundown E-12D2 2Ω (Amazon)

JL Audio 12W0V3-4 4Ω (Amazon)

Hi all. I'm currently looking for two 12" subwoofers. Budget around $200 give or take. I don't currently have an amplifier so I'm not worried about matching it up, though I'd probably prefer 4 Ohm. I've found the three below which look promising but I'm open to suggestions too. I'd like to keep suggestions to items that can be found on Amazon as I have a gift card. Thanks for the help!

Well your sub vc config depends on your amp or vice versa. Id suggest getting 2 D4 subs to give your amp a 1ohm load theres plenty of 1000@1ohm amps which is what youll be looking for if your budget is $200 for your subs. Most subs in that range are 500w

Heres another option

SoundQubed HDS212-D4 600W RMS:Amazon:Car Electronics

sundown E D4 is the winner here. Put it in a proper ported box and they will get loud in proper power, you can grab a 1000 watts rms @ 1ohm amp and they will be happy on it. You will need a proper ported box, do you have access to tools to build one?

Well I currently have a friend who owes me so I'm planning on recruiting him for the project. He had access to that. I had been running two RF subs in a sealed box but someone broke into my car and made off with my amp... so I figured I'd just start fresh.

Well I currently have a friend who owes me so I'm planning on recruiting him for the project. He had access to that. I had been running two RF subs in a sealed box but someone broke into my car and made off with my amp... so I figured I'd just start fresh.
I'd go with a ported box design if possible

here are some free designs *OFFICIAL* Free Ported Box Plans (56k NO!!) - Dodge SRT Forum

I'm going to attempt custom ported. I had a custom vented my first time and it got really loud but got way too hot. Been using the Rockford Fosgate setup ever since.

Btw I figured I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread. I found a Nakamichi and a Helix in my price range. What would you all recommend between these two amplifiers?

Btw I figured I'd ask here instead of starting a new thread. I found a Nakamichi and a Helix in my price range. What would you all recommend between these two amplifiers?
If its really old school then nakamichi, but if its newer version, then helix hands down.

Okay great thanks! I'd read that Nakamichi was good but all of the threads I found were made around 2003 or before so I wasn't sure. Thanks again.

Ampage

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.