Help choosing speaker set up for Crown vic

viperrgh2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
usa
So I'm buying a 95 P71 crown victoria from a buddy in the near future and I'm not sure what to put in because of the wierd speaker configuration. Factory is 5x7 front and 6x9 rear so I'm thinking a set of 5.25 componets in the front and 6x9 coxials in the rear. I don't need alot of rear fill but I do care about the rear passengers and want rear fill. However, can you fit 6.5 comps in a 5x7 space? I was lookiing at these amps http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=2493 and http://www.woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&Product_ID=3730 my total budjet is about $400. I was looking at getting kicker speakers or infinities.. not really sure.. I'm going to run about 800rms to the subs eventually to get an idea how loud they need to be but I dont just wanna keep up with the subs I listen to alot of classic rock ect. and want good sound speakers...

I saw the 5x7 comps? How do they sound? How loud would a set of 6.5 front comps with like 80 watts be... enuff that the rear passengers would hear them fine over the subs? I see that the PGs are cheap but how do they sound compared to Kickers or Pioneers... How do the CDT comps sound? I know there loud but I want good quality...

I saw the 5x7 comps? How do they sound? How loud would a set of 6.5 front comps with like 80 watts be... enuff that the rear passengers would hear them fine over the subs? I see that the PGs are cheap but how do they sound compared to Kickers or Pioneers... How do the CDT comps sound? I know there loud but I want good quality...
No way to tell how loud they will be. Most of it will depend on install. The RSDs are supposed to be really nice for the price. Couple of really good reviews on them over on the Soundbuggy forums. Only Kickers that I've heard are really worth buying are the SS series. The Pioneer Premier PRS Series components are supposed to be really nice. CDTs are good speakers, but a lot of people think they're overpriced.

Hope that helps.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.