Getting a new car = getting new speakers! Opinions please

Participant count
  • Participant list

WillyG4444
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Ridgewood
Well, I'm getting a new car ('05 Saab 9-2x Aero) And I'm deciding on either an 12" FI Q or a 12" SI Mag for the sub. I need some good input on my front components I'm going to have though. I have only owned one set of good components which were CDT HD62 comps. I loved em, but I'm looking to spend some more cash this time and make a real nice setup. I'd probably want to spend about 6-800 definitely not more than that. And I don't want to go active.

Basically what I'm looking for is a comp set that will be able to keep up with my sub (about 1200wRMS) and that can reproduce incredible sounding music. The type where you can just be like wow this sounds amazing =D. I've been looking at dynaudio but I'm not sure how to compare their different lines. I was considering the 240gt set but I wanted other opinions, cause I want a solid setup from the start and I don't wanna have to be changing speakers due to dissatisfaction. And I've been looking at rainbow but I found opinions saying higher end rainbows are not as good as middle end dynaudios. SO help please thanks!!

Edit: OH and I would to get 6.5s. 2 way setup as well

Never had the Dyn's but my Raindows are the best thing I have heard. On the comps though it all comes down to the install and location. I run 3 ways up front, the Profi Van CS365. Some people do not like the metal domes though. The Dyn's are nice though, can't go wrong with either one. Also might look at DLS, Polk SR6500 or even the Alpine Type X stuff. For the money the Pioneer TS720PRS are unbeatable IMHO. They are as good as alot of stuff 2 to 3 times their price IMO.

Thanks for your reply! I wish I could build some custom kicks and do a 3 way setup, but I don't think my wallet can handle that right now =(.

I've never been a huge fan of alpine or pioneer speakers, my buddy has alpine comps and I'm not a fan. They might be the R series though.

I guess what I really want to know is what will be a huge step up from the CDT HD62 comps I owned previously.

I would consider the Van Kick Profi Vanadium 2 ways for the stronger midbass, I kind of wanna see what all the fuss about rainbow is =D

Anyone else have any input?

Get the Profi 3-ways. Pick up a set of Qforms. Install the 6.5s in the doors, the 4s and tweets in the Qforms. Deaden the **** out of everything. I think you'll be quite pleased.

Well they dont make q forms for the car. And like I said I just want a 2 way setup. But you think the rainbows would be a better choice than the dyns?

Well, I don't know too much about EQ'ing and stuff. And I only know simple basics about active setups, so I don't think I'm ready to go active yet. Also, I just want to keep it simple. Just a preference at the moment.

You'll still have to EQ the setup. Going active will allow you to get some awesome drivers for less money because you can mix and match. It really isn't that difficult as long as you have the basic equipment. Just takes a bit more time to initially set up.

Well I can use a 5 band eq on a HU but I just dont have the time to set everything up and get everything perfect. I'd probably have to hand it over to a shop to install, and I'd rather just do a simple 2 way install myself and not run into any problems. I agree I could get a really nice setup going 3 way and a lot of people probably would do that instead, but I just don't want to right now. =/

And I'd have to get custom kicks made which is more money, then I have to worry about dumbass friends stomping on them hehe

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.