Help choosing front stage amplification...

Participant count
  • Participant list

biggen_bd
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Missouri
To keep it simple before diving into details, as the title states in looking for recommendations on an amplifier for my mids/highs.

Vehicle: 2000 k/2500 ext cab Chevrolet

Subwoofer: Team Sundown 12" d.5

Subwoofer amp: saz5000

Alt: stinger 270 6 phase

Batteries: (will likely be group 34 under hood 2-3 31's in rear) open to suggestions here.. Multiple runs of ofc 0ga or may go welding cable instead haven't decided yet

I have not decided what components I want to run yet but that's a topic for another section I suppose.

Now that you know a little more about the build (it is a musical daily build with low tuning brian helped me with box specifications) I'd be appreciative of any information or tips in my search for an amplifier to power highs.

If I left any important info out let me know and I'll do my eat to answer.

Thanks for your time,

Brad

what front stage speakers are you needing to power??
I haven't narrowed it down to the exact pair as its been awhile since ive shopped for components, but I've been looking at the following brands/sets...

- Focal 165kf 6.5 components

- hertz hsk 6.5 components

- CDt super 2.2 6.5 components

- rainbow csx

- re xxx

- Memphis 15-mcc6a

- sundown audio component or perhaps neo Pro's and tweets

How much space do you have for this amp? Are you trying to keep it small and well hidden?

Smaller is always nice but not a necessity as the back seat is going away regardless to fit the team 12

I haven't narrowed it down to the exact pair as its been awhile since ive shopped for components, but I've been looking at the following brands/sets...
- Focal 165kf 6.5 components

- hertz hsk 6.5 components

- rainbow csx

- re xxx

- Memphis 15-mcc6a

- sundown audio component or perhaps neo Pro's and tweets
I'd also advise you to look at Morel Tempo Ultra 602 two-way components. I just recently installed a set and am extremely impressed with them. At least, look at them.

As for an amp and not knowing what power you want/need, I'd look at an Arc Audio XDi V2 series amp. The power range is pretty wide and have options of 4,5, or 6 channels. The architecture of these class D amps is a little more unique than most. Check out a review of their XDi V2 amps :

http://content.arcaudio.com/pdfs/reviews/product-reviews/ArcAudioXDi600.4.pdf

look at the CDT's and a PPI p900.4 or a Cresendo S800.4 to run active on amp on all four channels. Or a PPI p600.2 or Cresendo S550.2 if you intend to run them with passives ....

That set is the least efficient component system CDT offers. What you need to "keep up" with a lot of bass is higher sensitivity speakers. CDT HD-62 is a much better choice if your subwoofers will play up to 70-80 Hz clearly. PM me if you want help with the speaker selection. Regarding the amplifier choice, I normally go with a high quality Class D full range amplifier. The Cerwin Vega Vega series and Stealth Bomber amplifiers I am using currently have really served me well, but there are lots of great options from other companies.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.