Amp for id cxs 6.5s

Title pretty much says it all. I posted about something like this about a month ago and everyone was very helpful, but i would really like to get some opinions on which amps i should be looking at to power these components

CXS64 V.2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 4 ohm Component System

I would say my budget for the amp is around 300 dollars unless anyone can convince me of a reason to spend more. Please do give any and all suggestions!

Would like to add that i could get the 2 ohm version of the speakers instead of the 4 ohm ones if that would be better

Title pretty much says it all. I posted about something like this about a month ago and everyone was very helpful, but i would really like to get some opinions on which amps i should be looking at to power these components
CXS64 V.2 - Image Dynamics 6.5" 4 ohm Component System

I would say my budget for the amp is around 300 dollars unless anyone can convince me of a reason to spend more. Please do give any and all suggestions!

Would like to add that i could get the 2 ohm version of the speakers instead of the 4 ohm ones if that would be better
Active or passive

Grab a mint ts 150x4 and smile at the 280+watts per channel @2ohm. Pure beast and can be used to let u run full active. Rd 200-250 all day

Last edited by a moderator:
I was 100% planning on running the spakers passive since i'm relatively new to all of this. The thing i'm really confused about is how everyone is recommending amps with different amounts of power for the same speaker. What amount of power is actually best for these or what is the difference? Sorry to ask so many questions, but i'm just trying to make sure that my system turns out nicely =p

Thanks so much

You don't think that the 180 watts per channel the arc 300.2 pushes would be too much considering these speakers are rated at 125? I tried looking up what people have run them on and how they handle x amount of watts without finding much :/

MRX-F30 - Alpine 4 Channel 50W RMS Amplifier

D300.4 - Diamond Audio 300W RMS 4-Channel Class AB Amplifier

MRV-F300 - Alpine 4-Channel 300W RMS Amplifier

MIKRO IV - ZED Audio 4-Channel 440W RMS Advanced Class D Design Amplifier

SAE-50.4 - Sundown Audio Monoblock 300W RMS Class AB Full Range Amplifier

Could anyone please tell me of any of these would be a good pairing with the cxs64s that i've been looking at?Should i be looking into 2 channel amps instead of bridging 4 channel amps like these?I'm also curious to hear why one is better than another out of this group if you could be kind enough to educate me. Really want to get this last piece of my system decided on and ordered!

Thanks again

the arc will only putout 180 if you set the gain to do so. you don't have to send them 180. the arc is by far superior to any of the amps you listed. the CSXs can handle the 180 for music BTW

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.