Help choose Comps for my friends Vette...

Participant count
  • Participant list

SSon22s
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Racine,WI
Well I am helping my friend do a new system on his 99 Corvette tomorrow. He is already got an Alpine CDA-9883 for the head unit and has an Alpine MRP-F240 (40x4@4ohm, 100X2@4ohm) We havent decided on rears but I think Im going to throw some type S or type R coax in the back off the headunit and trying to decide on either the SPR-17LS components or the SPX-177R with that kind of power. He is wants something that he will be able to crank up and get loud but not really have alot of distortion. From my experience the Type Rs would be the way to go since they will get very loud they dont have a ton of bass but the Type X dont seem to be as bright as the Rs...What would you guys say? By the way its ONLY between these two sets..

Well we threw in some Type S Coaxial Speakers in the Rear, and then used the Type R Components up front. From all the reviews on this board I wasnt expecting a whole lot from the Rs but I was pretty impressed. They got loud, very clear, and had plenty of bass. I would def recommend them to someone on a budget looking for a good set of components...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.