Help! Car Audio Question

hey look!!!! a deck with one usb port that does apple car play!!!!

http://carshoponline.site/product/pioneer-avh-2300nex-multimedia-dvd-receiver-with-7-wvga-display-apple-carplay-android-auto-built-in-bluetooth-siriusxm-ready-appradio-mode/

even if there are 2, still seriously doubt that it would cause music to be nearly inaudible if its plugged into the "wrong one". it would either work, or not. you could be right, but thats just not how usb works
You would be correct, if you were talking about a computer. Watch any Five Star Car Stereo vids and they tell you specifically that Port 1 is Apple and Port 2 is Android. Just because someone uses a standard USB port, doesnt mean they havent configured it to act differently, especially when using two totally different protocols. Try plugging your iPhone into your computer and then using a third party Android program with it, with your logic this is how the convo would go: "Well, its plugged into a USB port, this should work!".

fwiw, the only reason a deck would give a **** about whats plugged into what port is the driver thats installed on the boot image for the operating system. Its far more expensive to install 2 individual usb port chips that talk to the motherboard than one single daisy chain set of 2 plugs that would then leave the interpretation of what is connected up to the deck. the ONLY reason this would make any sense is the assigning of priority in the OS when using more than one usb cable which is caused by the software on the deck. if only one usb port is being used, i highly doubt that it makes any difference in the slightest.
Based on your user name, one would think you were around when that movie came out in 95, but your words say youre well under 30, maybe under 25. Your logic is highly flawed.

You would be correct, if you were talking about a computer. Watch any Five Star Car Stereo vids and they tell you specifically that Port 1 is Apple and Port 2 is Android. Just because someone uses a standard USB port, doesnt mean they havent configured it to act differently, especially when using two totally different protocols. Try plugging your iPhone into your computer and then using a third party Android program with it, with your logic this is how the convo would go: "Well, its plugged into a USB port, this should work!".
thats nothing what its like. Its a daisy chain, the hardware isnt assigned a specific serial. all the usb does is tell the hardware that something is connected, its up to the OS to decide what to do with it...

Have you verified the volume on the phone is turned up when plugged into the car?

I don't use Apple, but I know Android has this annoying "feature" that automatically reduces the volume when connecting to other media devices (supposedly to protect your hearing with headphones, but it makes no distinction on what is connected or if there's secondary volume controls like on your stereo). It wouldn't surprise me if iOS had a similar feature.

Consult your owners manual for correct operation of Carplay and if you dont find an answer there take the vehicle into the dealer and make it their problem. Its under warranty ffs. 

If you ask me thats what you get for choosing Apple over Android 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.