Help building from scratch.

omg $3000! if i had that to spend, i would get two re audio xxx 18" and a rockford t40001bd. that would cover about 2500 then get your 0 guage wire, upgraded alternator and two yellow tops.

omg $3000! if i had that to spend, i would get two re audio xxx 18" and a rockford t40001bd. that would cover about 2500 then get your 0 guage wire, upgraded alternator and two yellow tops.
What about front components and amp?

Kinda missing a big chunk there.

DO NOT GET THE XXX... the triple x's are SQ subs... they will hit but you will be DISAPPOINTED... If you go RE look into the MT's. They do not even have specs as far as wattage. i have seen people burp these at over 15,000 watts and play them at 7-8k daily. Look into these and a RD D9 amp or stetsom 7kd... or sundown saz 3500(2).. JBL has some awesome components for highs.. hope this helps

Man this is embarrassing, like I said I'm a total noob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crying.gif.ec0ebefe590df0251476573bc49e46d8.gif so... what are the options?

Hmm, okay so this is what I'm going to want, quality subwoofers and headunit, an amp, and battery and alternator if I need it? Can you guys reccomend me some quality brands to check out?

Hmm, okay so this is what I'm going to want, quality subwoofers and headunit, an amp, and battery and alternator if I need it? Can you guys reccomend me some quality brands to check out?
Just my opinion, but I'd probably probably get the top of the line kenwood head unit, nice rca's. 1/0 wiring kit and set my budget around 1k for this(to do the big 3 and make sure the electrical is good and engine noise is not present. Then I'd get a lower end DD or medium Fi sub and a sundown saz1500d. Then get a nice 4 channel amp, a decent set of comps and probably a set of whatever coaxials will fit in the dash. Then spend the rest on the box (tuned at around 35hz) and sound deadening.

Just my opinion, but I'd probably probably get the top of the line kenwood head unit, nice rca's. 1/0 wiring kit and set my budget around 1k for this(to do the big 3 and make sure the electrical is good and engine noise is not present. Then I'd get a lower end DD or medium Fi sub and a sundown saz1500d. Then get a nice 4 channel amp, a decent set of comps and probably a set of whatever coaxials will fit in the dash. Then spend the rest on the box (tuned at around 35hz) and sound deadening.
Thanks, at this point any bit of help is appreciated, if only to set me on the right track.

Ah, JL... It's overpriced hype. You're buying the name. It performs, but it's expensive. If you don't mind the money, go for it. You won't be disappointed, it is quality, but you could get much more for the money.

For sound quality, I would recommend an IDMAX, Image Dynamics, it has similar power requirements to the JL W7, but is much cheaper, and just as good of a subwoofer.

http://www.imagedynamicsusa.com/

For an amplifier, I would recommend an Arc Audio amplifier, or a Zapco. There's multiple options, but get what fits the power requirements. Preferably at or a little above the power requirement (RMS) of the subwoofer.

As for a head unit, my best recommendation is a Alpine 9887, but the pioneer and kenwood units are fairly high quality, also. Just get one that matches the features you want, that has 4v pre-outs, and preferably 3 sets of them. Most of the top end ones are good with this.

I would also upgrade the front speakers, and get a good set of components. Rainbow is a favorite of mine, but also Image Dynamics makes good components, too. Get an amplifier to power these, too. It makes a world of difference.

Alright thanks a lot, changed my decisons some, tell me how it sounds.

I'll get the Alpine 9887 for sure. Probably the Power Line of speakers from Rainbow, although I'll have to do some more research.

I'm having a problem choosing the subwoofers and amps though. I'm thinking about getting a iDMax 12 D4 v.3 but what's the difference between the D4 and the D2? And should I get one or two?

Don't really have any idea on what amp to get, any recommendations?

Edit: http://www.kicker.com/zx_amplifiers Maybe I should get that? It looks decent.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.