Help build my new home theatre

Participant count
  • Participant list

yamaman
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hey everyone I just bought a new 58" Pansonic Plasma and am wanting to upgrade my surround sound too. SO help me build something. Don't want to spend over 5000 for the complete setup. I want something that gives me unbeleivable surround quality but can still pound and shake the house when music is cranked. I love big subs!!!! The room is big. Been looking at harmon/kardon amps but don't knwo what speaks to go with. So throw out your suggestions guys. I hope $5000 is a reasonable price to get what I am asking for thanks.

$5k, huh...we can work with this...//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Preamp/processor:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homeproc&1232235205&/Rotel-RSP-1066

DVD/CD player:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?homevdeo&1232072338&/Arcam-DV78

Power amplifier:

http://www.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/cls.pl?ampsmult&1231873695&/Acurus-A125X5

Speakers:

Hard to say, there's so many good choices out there...depending on how large your room is, big standmounts like the Seas Odin or SS Soloist kits from Madisound may work, but you may need full size floorstanders. Is there a B&W dealer near you? I'd definitely put them on my list for that budget...

Sub amp:

Some kind of QSC Powerlight, easy to find on Ebay.

Subs:

Two Maelstrom-X's, sealed.

If you have any money left, put it all into room treatments. Even the best equipment in an acoustically bad room is going to ****, horribly.

Thanks for the input I will have a look into all of those and no I have never even heard of B&W before. We have an A&W close by though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.