Help an old guy out?

Participant count
  • Participant list

SwaMan

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello Friends,
I recently bought a used truck with a PIONEER AVH1330NEX head unit installed. There was no backup camera, so I installed an after market no-name brand model. I was careful to follow the installation instructions, and watched a number of videos to ensure that I didn't screw it up. It works great, but there is a problem with it not coming on automatically every time I shift into reverse. I have to tap the HOME screen icon in order for it to come on.
The unit was already wired to the parking brake, as evident when I try to use certain settings. Unfortunately, when I attempt to enter CAMERA SETTINGS to make sure all is correct for camera function, I get a "MEMORY FULL" message. This also appears on certain other functions.
The only memory that I am able to clear is the BLUETOOTH, which is not what I need to do. Every single article or video I have been able to find, regardless of it's title, addresses only BLUETOOTH memory! I'm getting very frustrated.
I'm older than your parent's first car, so all I'm asking the system to do is play CDs, play the radio, and turn the backup camera on automatically, every time!
Any and all advice with be most gratefully accepted! THANK YOU!
Frank

Try the RESET Button on the unit. You can use a Toothpick or use a paperclip. All setting should go back to Flat and you will need to retune to your liking. Id try to Reset first.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...