Heatsink help

Participant count
  • Participant list

adamsb

I recently installed a used JVC cd player in my car (it had been sitting in my friend’s house for a few years so he gave it to me.) I turned on the car and everything was working fine for a little while. Then, after a few minutes, it started making this weird beeping noise that continued to speed up. I pulled it out and noticed that the heatsink was EXTREMELY hot. I left it out to cool off and then started the car again, with my hand on the heatsink. I could instantly feel it getting warm, and within 7 seconds or so it was too hot to touch. I’m not sure how to tell if the CD player is the culprit or if it’s my wiring (which I have checked several times.) Any ideas????

I recently installed a used JVC cd player in my car (it had been sitting in my friend’s house for a few years so he gave it to me.) I turned on the car and everything was working fine for a little while. Then, after a few minutes, it started making this weird beeping noise that continued to speed up. I pulled it out and noticed that the heatsink was EXTREMELY hot. I left it out to cool off and then started the car again, with my hand on the heatsink. I could instantly feel it getting warm, and within 7 seconds or so it was too hot to touch. I’m not sure how to tell if the CD player is the culprit or if it’s my wiring (which I have checked several times.) Any ideas????
if you have checked your wiring many times then its probably the cd player esp if it was out of any kind of box or rapping for the last few years for dust and debri to get to its internals and can easily short something out or make it over heat.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.