Heat problem on 98 Blazer...

Participant count
  • Participant list
Im actually about 35-40 mins from jackson and just a little further from Memphis. Still not too far from ya though. Jackson is just the closest big city on CL. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I'd give 7 for it if the rims stayed too. They seem to think the used rims are work 2500 tho //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Lol yup, people dont realize that when a tire is mounted on a rim and then mounted onto a vehicle price goes down by nearly a 1/3. your pm's are full btw!

just skimmed after the first few posts, call me lazy, but don't bother with flushing the core or anything. the coolant on the ground is coming out of the hvac enclosure, so that it will not fill the cab instantly. buy a new core, and replace it. sometimes, you can find a crack where the fitting comes out of the core body, or somewhere accessable, and simply solder it back together, but, being a 98, chances are that it leaks because it rotted, at which point, even if you could solder it, it would just soon fail again.

just skimmed after the first few posts, call me lazy, but don't bother with flushing the core or anything. the coolant on the ground is coming out of the hvac enclosure, so that it will not fill the cab instantly. buy a new core, and replace it. sometimes, you can find a crack where the fitting comes out of the core body, or somewhere accessable, and simply solder it back together, but, being a 98, chances are that it leaks because it rotted, at which point, even if you could solder it, it would just soon fail again.
I was just thinking about that! Just read it on a tutorial I was reading and talking about the fitting becoming rusty and eventually coming apart. I will be purchasing a new core either saturday or sunday. Gotta get the dash off first, prolly start in on it tomorrow after the tranny work.

I will still go ahead and flush the radiator and switch over to a non dexcool type of anti freeze. Radiator is pretty rough lookin, water was poop brown yuck!

Thanks for the info and help man!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.