Heat problem on 98 Blazer...

Participant count
  • Participant list

craigzter
10+ year member

erm..hello.
sville, ar
Okay so my heater core has been bypassed because of a bad heater core(apparently I guess). So I hooked the hoses back up to the core to see what it would do and it only would drip inside blazer on settings 3-4, wouldnt do it on 1-2.

So I got out because I saw steam roll up from under the hood, walked around to passenger side and saw about a gallon or so of water on the driveway. It came out of the black rectangular box under the hood, I guess where the ac condensor or whatever it is in there. You can tell the previous owner has tampered with it because of a missing screw and a chip off the top corner of the box.

Shouldn't there have been more water in my floorboard? Im just confused, because when the heater core went out in my 02 2dr it didnt do this, didn't even get floorboards wet! Help? Thoughts? Troubleshooting ideas?

I plan on digging deeper tomorrow after I get new shift solenoids put in as well as new tranny fluid and filter.

If its anything like my 96 s10 its a bitch to replace the heater core. I did it last year and have yet to get all of the dash back together. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Other than that, probably just a stopped up heater core.

Okay. Im a regular over on the s10forum.com site and found a great tutorial for taking out the dash, they make it look so freakin easy but we shall find out. I guess I can try to flush the heater core and see if it helps any.

I feel I may have to replace the condenser under the hood as well. Read somewhere that they have problems with leaking, but I didn't think it would leak like it did. It was like someone turned on a water hose under my truck lol.

Okay. Im a regular over on the s10forum.com site and found a great tutorial for taking out the dash, they make it look so freakin easy but we shall find out. I guess I can try to flush the heater core and see if it helps any.
I feel I may have to replace the condenser under the hood as well. Read somewhere that they have problems with leaking, but I didn't think it would leak like it did. It was like someone turned on a water hose under my truck lol.
Taking the dash apart wasnt all that hard. Just a lot of bolts/screws... I just couldnt keep up with where everything goes so Im left with like 20-30 screws and a bunch of plastic panels left off.. lol Never had the problem with a leaky condensor.. but should be able to locate a used one pretty easily. these trucks are plentiful! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Taking the dash apart wasnt all that hard. Just a lot of bolts/screws... I just couldnt keep up with where everything goes so Im left with like 20-30 screws and a bunch of plastic panels left off.. lol Never had the problem with a leaky condensor.. but should be able to locate a used one pretty easily. these trucks are plentiful! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
Okay, how long it take you to get yours off? I just keep all the screws separate and keep what is screwed/bolted on with those screws/bolts in separate containers. Friend of mine has a scrap/junk yard and he has a few of the 2nd gens sitting down there hopefully he cut me a deal.

Ahhh!!! Lol

good luck thats all i have to say //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
hey hey! Eassssyyy wid dat shit...haha thanks bro, I'm gonna need it I know =\

Okay, how long it take you to get yours off? I just keep all the screws separate and keep what is screwed/bolted on with those screws/bolts in separate containers. Friend of mine has a scrap/junk yard and he has a few of the 2nd gens sitting down there hopefully he cut me a deal.
Ahhh!!! Lol
If I remember correctly took almost 4 hours to do it all and get the dash back on half ***. Im not very mechanically inclined when it comes to vehicles though.And I get easily frustrated when it comes to things like this. As long as you have an afternoon to mess with it and keep up with everything, shouldnt be too bad tho.

If I remember correctly took almost 4 hours to do it all and get the dash back on half ***. Im not very mechanically inclined when it comes to vehicles though.And I get easily frustrated when it comes to things like this. As long as you have an afternoon to mess with it and keep up with everything, shouldnt be too bad tho.
Ok good deal! Will have to schedule around the deer hunting I guess lol. Thanks for the help man. I guess I will order a new heater core and find the condenser at junk yard. blah

i remember my old 97 blazer! love the way systems sound in those!
True. My 02 2dr was pretty loud. Ran a 12" Fi Q off a zx750.1 and my ol 780mp pioneer hu //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I want a blazer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Think Ill post an ad on Craigslist and see if anyone wants to trade one for my s10

I want a blazer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif Think Ill post an ad on Craigslist and see if anyone wants to trade one for my s10
A guy here local has an 01 extreme, white. Been wrecked in the front end just needs new core support and front clip/fenders and radiator, motor is fine!...$1000.

Not a bad deal if you can do the work yourself.. Might wait til tax time and see what I can come up with. A little high on the price, but this one is NICE: 2003 chevy xtreme blazer
Yea I wouldnt give no $10k for it....maybe 6500-7k MAX. And it needs some 2" coils and some 3" blocks, better yet its needs to be bagged lol!

Your in jackson! Im not far from you, I'm bout an hour from mtown.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.