Hearing alot of gain/static with new setup.

Participant count
  • Participant list

DoubleT
10+ year member

dallas
I've been having this problem for a while now. I believe it started once I had my amp installed. It's been driving me crazy!

But anyways I've been gradually installing my set up over the past few months. I finally finished it off yesterday by putting in a subwoofer. I thought that might fix the static problem but it didn't really affect much.

Here is my setup:

Pioneer head unit

Focal (front with tweeter and crossover, and rears)

Hifonics titan amplifier

Bazooka tube subwoofer 8" w/ built in amp

I believe I started hearing the problem around when I had the amp installed. But not quite sure.

I noticed if I turn the treble all the way down on the equalizer that the noise is pretty much non-existent. But having no high's isn't very fun :p

Please, if anyone can help me out on this I would be so grateful. I've invested so much money in this system and this one little problem is keeping it from being great.

Thank you so much in advance! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Ah, there isn't a knob to the tweeters on the amp.

There are however, two little.... "doohickies" that have a three way switch on each that is for the focals. It's not labelled though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.