Hear the bass from miles away!!!

SKMexiFry
10+ year member

...For a Porkchop, uh...
Why is it that most people want to get a "system" so that other people can hear them coming from down the street and so they can rattle the cars next to them? I feel that it should be for your own enjoyment, and if you can hear a little bump outside the trunk, then hey, thats a little something extra. I just don't think being heard should be the main objective of your system unless you are competing, but I am mainly discussing daily drivers. Anyone care to comment or give their opinion? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

honestly, i think if a person wants to bump, and everyone can hear them, then go ahead...however, if they bump when people are sleeping, and wake people up, then i think it's annoying. But if someone wants to bump, to some extent, it's fine by me.

Originally posted by SKMexiFry Why is it that most people want to get a "system" so that other people can hear them coming from down the street and so they can rattle the cars next to them? I feel that it should be for your own enjoyment, and if you can hear a little bump outside the trunk, then hey, thats a little something extra. I just don't think being heard should be the main objective of your system unless you are competing, but I am mainly discussing daily drivers. Anyone care to comment or give their opinion? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
Yes.

It pisses me off.

Why?

1. They give us a bad name.
  2. They help coalitions like noisefree.org pass laws against us.
  3. They get the community against us.
  4. They annoy people in public areas pretending to be cool.
  5. They give me, someone that enjoy's audio, a bad name.
  6. They are typically rude, foolish, and very stupid, and think what they are doing is funny.

[/list=1]

I could go on. I have more than that. The whole topic infuriates me.

yeah that's my opinion too. i also want to add that one of the best inventions for people who have SPL mobile's like myself is a gain nob for your amp. you know that way you can keep your volume on the speaker's high but turn the gain down to like 1/4 or less and it isn't too loud outside and you still hear everything over your bang. now when people come up next to you and they are bumping as loud as they can which most people in austin always do b/c they think they have the loudest system in the world then you put in your ear plugs and crank it:D

keep it thumpin,

adam

I do concure, there was a...well he was of African American ( I don't wanna sound like an ass but I always do when I describe people) dude that drove into this resturaunt this morning and he was bumping very moderately. As soon as he pulled into the space, right in front of the door to the place, he rolls down the windows and turns it up twice as loud, gets out, and stands in the to-go line while his car is running, and blasting the elderly couple next to him. Now this is just rediculous because he's ruing the image of people who enjoy good sound, not being abnoctous. I dunno, that just pissed me off, almost went out there and turned it off and threw his keys at him but I wasn't feeling lucky.

I think haveing your system cranked is good in certain situations. Driving through a neighbour hood and cranking it so people's houses rattle is just ignorant. But if your just crusin and it's not late then I say sure go and pound your shiz. For the most part I think that first should be what you think of your system, second what other people think

I don't know... I kind of like it when i can hear the bass, but i can't see the car.

Although my system ***** ass right now, I try to be respectful when i have it playing loud. I'll always reduce the volume by about half when i pull into a parking lot or into somebody's driveway.

It all depends for me. When someone is jammin' in the car, especially more than one person really getting into the music (singing along, bobbing their heads, air guitars, etc) I smile because I know their happy and just having fun. It makes me feel good inside, because I know that's one of the funnest parts for me having a loud stereo. But when they just have a blank face you kind of know they feel its their "duty" to play their stereo when their in the car, and that just makes me angry. Especially considering that you know they can't understand a single word of the song their listening to, because their SQ is so bad and distorted it all sounds like mush. Sorry SPL freaks, lol, but I don't think the FIRST addition to your factory stereo's should be $1,000 worth of subs and amps. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Bumpin_Blazer,

You wouldn't even have to crank your system up beside me. If I see someone PUTTING EARPLUGS IN I'm getting the h*ll out of Dodge before it's too late. That's just ridiculously loud.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Rode with a guy once who had 2 Rockford 18's in the back of a Jeep Cherokee. Loudest subs I've ever heard from the inside of a car. Guess what he used for highs? Two tweeters mounted right by your ears by the overhead seatbelt strap. That was it, no 6.5's or nothing. He was only missing oh say 2500-3500hz of music, but who cares, listen to that bass. I know this has nothing to do with you, I just wish I would have had some earplugs that day.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

personally, i love hearing others systems. but u have to take EVERYONE into account.

elderly folk, parents, teachers, cops, the whole shibang. there's a LOT more people who dont wanna hear your bass than the few who actually do. keep the "outside sound" for competitions if it's gonna be that loud please and thankyou //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah i am not being serious when i say put in earplugs b/c i have gotten used to it. i did however go buy some just for shiits and giggle's when i put my 4 12"s in my car though. i thought it would be funny to offer my friends earplugs if they needed them. personally i can't stand turning it up all the way b/c it makes my head hurt and i drive with it daily.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

keep it thumpin,

adam

I think if we want to crank our systems we should be aloud to because we live in a free country shared with loud H-D motorcycles,trains,planes,etc.I personally can't tollerate 140+ db's for very long so I won't be much of a newcents to society.Sometimes I will cut it loose but not often.I don't understand how people can sit in 150+ db cars and drive around its just sheer amazing JK.:p

The loudest daily driver I have heard was last week at the beach. It was an older Suburban with some kind of enclosure, but the subs were nasty loud. He would let nobody see the subs, he had 5 1000 watt amps, (so he said) and 3 Optimas. To make it worse, the mystery setup rode down the strip all night and day. My wife and I woke up to it the second night at 3:37 AM. I was like, there is that **** Suburban. I got up and went outside and sure enough, there was the bastard. To make a long story short, a few blocks down, someone had sliced the tires on the Suburban and broke the back glass leaving a note about how next time the system was heard during the night it would be more damage done, but it would be physical. Anyway the inside was 4 Kicker 15 L7s and about 5 10L5s. All being run by 5 bd1000s. ALL the 15s were busted and lots of wiring was cut. The moral of the story is "Don't screw with people, cause people can screw you"!!!!!!!!!!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

SATISFACTION is the answer, they feel satisfied doing it.. and if an audio enthusiast says that he doesnt want his system heard from far... thats ********

deep inside every caraudio enthusiasts heart, there's always the rage of being on top of others.. AGREE?

i dont mind hearing others systems, as long as it not at residential areas (at night) where most of the people are resting, crank it up in the right place at the right time

Originally posted by m83x SATISFACTION is the answer, they feel satisfied doing it.. and if an audio enthusiast says that he doesnt want his system heard from far... thats ********

deep inside every caraudio enthusiasts heart, there's always the rage of being on top of others.. AGREE?

i dont mind hearing others systems, as long as it not at residential areas (at night) where most of the people are resting, crank it up in the right place at the right time
i comletely agree. However, something like

I do concure, there was a...well he was of African American ( I don't wanna sound like an ass but I always do when I describe people) dude that drove into this resturaunt this morning and he was bumping very moderately. As soon as he pulled into the space, right in front of the door to the place, he rolls down the windows and turns it up twice as loud, gets out, and stands in the to-go line while his car is running, and blasting the elderly couple next to him. Now this is just rediculous because he's ruing the image of people who enjoy good sound, not being abnoctous.
now what that guy did was very obnoxious. It's like it's ok to be heard to a point

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.