Headway 38120hp 3.2v 8ah

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm running a 32Ah headway bank with a 500F cap bank, stock 150A alt and group 34 agm under hood, have a twisted sounds 3.5k wired at .8ohm and i see .2v drop. Charge 13.9v drop to 13.7v. After a few songs it will slowly drop more as expected as it gets hotter but the lowest I've seen is 13.1v.

It says c25 200v
That definitely isn't the C rating, but I guess ask the dudes on youtube what you need. I don't believe anybody here is using or would recommend headway cells for car audio.

Why not? I have an AGM under the hood and one 5 cell bank of Lishen lithium in the back.

One will always be parasitic to the other. I'm sure you can get away with it but it's going to be sub-optimum and IMO by the time you "need" lithium and take that step whatever your AGM is doing won't amount to a squirt of piss in the bucket.

That definitely isn't the C rating, but I guess ask the dudes on youtube what you need. I don't believe anybody here is using or would recommend headway cells for car audio.

One will always be parasitic to the other. I'm sure you can get away with it but it's going to be sub-optimum and IMO by the time you "need" lithium and take that step whatever your AGM is doing won't amount to a squirt of piss in the bucket.

My 5 cell bank of Lishen in the back really helped stabilize my voltage in the high 13's and low 14's while playing music.

I guess headway website has it wrong huh? Smh

I guess headway website has it wrong huh? Smh
No, it's just that you don't understand what battery specs mean, which are important, or which to look for.

The only thing those Headway cells have going for them is those plug and play bus bars and snap together plastic bits to build banks. They are really not a great option for car audio and unless you have some sort of inside track and are getting them for 6-7$ a cell they're a poor value compared to other cells on the market.

800 watts per 8ah

So 10C you figure they'll be fine?

Can't put Lishen under the hood. Nice try though. I see you working.
Has none of you heard about a battery delete? Put a distro block on a piece of wood for Christ sakes, put a cap bank in place of the factory battery, or just run a wire from alternator post to the factory power distribution (fuse box) and your 1/0 straight to the rear and call it a day. No batteries should honestly live under the hood, do you know how much longer even LA lives when in the trunk or under the backseat (GM is the only one I know that did this)?

But I see you not working.... Nice attempt though. On a 2 year old thread to boot.

The following is for future readers to wrap this up.
FYI RED headway is 15C discharge 180A to 200A rating depending where you look. The blue cells are NOT amperage cells and are much less(probably 5-6 as stated above.) Red Headway is fine but make sure you keep an eye on them and break them down every once in a while. Ideally test and match up cells. At minimum balance them together then let them rest and then voltage match the best you can. Each cell ran parallel alike. Cells will destroy their neighboring cells first before moving to the next group. Very easy to find a bad egg. Run a balancer and a monitor (the ~$10 RC monitors are just fine)

If doing a competition or going to a meet and doing demos all day it never hurts to do a quick check on each row at least, this is a general statement with lithium ( d4s, limitless, titan and the like guys excluded, goodluck to you, you've already been screwed!)

Headway is a good beginner DIY introduction into Lithium. 32AH is minimum but I strongly suggest a 48AH bank at least. (This is minimum! The actual amount varies but 1p/500w is conservative 1p/1000w if you just commute.) And yes headway can be mixed with AGM just fine, you should see a resting voltage at around 12.9 to 13.1 (pay attention to this and if it changes from normal time to open the bank.)

I also suggest a cap bank on any system last in line to the amp/s to take the hit and soften the blow on your batteries no matter what. Not to mention the caps alone help tremendously and play well with all batteries. (No, I'm not talking about the stupid concrete filled gimmick stiffener caps, only thing they are good for is a voltage meter and even still!)

Lithium takes dedication and maintenance. That is what I'm afraid to witness with all these EVs but neither here nor there.

Godspeed

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...