Headunit sending bad signal? I need help

Participant count
  • Participant list
Have you disconnected the RCAs starting with the subs to isolate the problem?.. maybe connect one at a time and duplicate it?.. Idk.. high pitched ringing is so far from anything I've encountered it's got me stumped... sounds like metal on metal... crackling?.Snapping?..but ringing?
I've unplugged the subs rcas before. I've tried switching the 4 channel rcas around and it still does it. It's very faint but if you play a bass note only you can hear a slight high pitch bass noise from the tweeters
Sent from my Z983 using Tapatalk

Eventhough I have the HPF set on the Headunit but it doesn't help, it just turns the mid bass down and does nothing to the tweeters. I thought the HPF was suppose to help with that

And yes I have sound deadened the entire car, all doors and I did the entire roof of the hatch. It's not a metal sound. It's definitely coming from the tweeters, and it gets louder as you put your ear closer to the speaker

I've unplugged the subs rcas before. I've tried switching the 4 channel rcas around and it still does it. It's very faint but if you play a bass note only you can hear a slight high pitch bass noise from the tweeters
High pitch bass noise?.. thats an oxymoron... I know your not trolling but ... wow... mib bass from coax tweeters?.. wierd

Yes it's very strange to me. I was thinking maybe the Headunit is trying to send bass signals through my front and rear rca lines. Like if I play a bass test tone and have the subs off. Nothing should play that sound right? Well the tweeters for some odd reason will try to play it ending up in a small high pitched noise. While the midwoofers won't move and the subs are off. And no I'm not trolling. I'm really hoping its the Headunit sending a bad signal. But everything else sounds clear as day, vocals and all. I dont get it

Yes it's very strange to me. I was thinking maybe the Headunit is trying to send bass signals through my front and rear rca lines. Like if I play a bass test tone and have the subs off. Nothing should play that sound right? Well the tweeters for some odd reason will try to play it ending up in a small high pitched noise. While the midwoofers won't move and the subs are off. And no I'm not trolling. I'm really hoping its the Headunit sending a bad signal. But everything else sounds clear as day, vocals and all. I dont get it
The description is sounding like there is a crossover issue... are you boosting certain frequencies?

IDK... how steep is the passive crossover on those coax?.. is it possible that the frequencies you're demanding are too much for the coax tweeters?.. Volume level?.. clipping?... spitballing here ok?

I have the EQ pretty much completely flat. I think it's a cross over issue now and the Headunit isn't able to accommodate what I wanted it to do as a cross over. It's the only thing that's haven't touched or tried to replace to solve this problem. I've Been atit for over a month just trying. So I'm really hoping its coming from the Headunit and hopefully not from my phone. But those are last two I can think of, is the HUs crossovers ****, or my audio source"phone" just *****.

The signal from the Headunit is always 100% clear. Everything sounds great and is loud when I want it to be. But that **** noise will come on at any volume level on certain songs... Could it be my source off of my phone making certain songs do that? Or could my Headunit actaully be bad?

The description is sounding like there is a crossover issue... are you boosting certain frequencies?
IDK... how steep is the passive crossover on those coax?.. is it possible that the frequencies you're demanding are too much for the coax tweeters?.. Volume level?.. clipping?... spitballing here ok?
I've tried to turn the amp down. Didn't solve anything. I'm not clipping. I have the crossovers slope set at -24db to tryout rid of it but it just almost completely turns the mid woofers off

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.