Head unit sub level -6 or +6

fcuked

Canada
Just installed 2 12's in my girlfriends acura tl with the stock head unit.

Should the sub level be -6 - C - +6?

I set the gain for the amp at +6.

Settings with stock subwoofer was

Treble +2

Bass -2

Center +2

Sub +3

I usually set mine at +2 but not sure about this car because it goes into the negatives.

Leave it at 0, plus or minus. For most head units, 0 is the setting where they don't clip the pre-amp setting at full volume. I tested this with a Kenwood and Pioneer. Also setting the amplifier gain at the 0 level, still leaves you some room at actually increase bass level on recordings with weak bass sound.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...
There's definitely quite a few that can give a better answer, but IMO, it's (1) 8" sub. It's supposed to be quicky and jabby, not a power...
This might be easy for some but i've only had it wired as a 4 channel. Theres a 2 channel to 4 channel switch and 4 rca's on the other side of the...
Higher preamp voltage is to reduce noise, but you generally don't get noise on the subwoofer channel.
I have a 2011 Yukon XL slt with the factory Bose system that has rear overhead dvd and rear radio mounted on the back of the center console as...

About this thread

fcuked

fcuked
Canada
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
SPLaudio