***need help***need help***need help***

1968impalafastb
10+ year member

NM
Need help choosing subs for everyday pounding with good sound quality (lows) narrowed it to

1)Sundown- X

2)Incriminator- Flatlyne

3)Ascendant- Havoc

4)FI - SP4

?????????

Looked all these subs up I read the flatlyne is made for all around SQ

and the sundown x is sposed to get the lows n I've heard good about havoc and sp4

but would like an opinion from people with experience with any of these subs that would help me out thanks.

Boy who cried wolf much? You seem awfully desperate to get a sub, man.

On a serious note, each sub you mentioned has completely different characteristics. Let's start with the basics...like how much power do you have to give them? What does your electrical situation look like? How much space do you have for an enclosure? What kind of vehicle do you drive? And so on and so forth.

Yeah, boss... I wouldnt run it if someone paid me. I did have some old school blue wave pyramid. It worked well. But pyramid is garbage too.
The Blue Waves are actually pretty good IB subs on the cheap. Have seen a couple setups using them and the performance was pretty impressive in terms of SQ.

The Blue Waves are actually pretty good IB subs on the cheap. Have seen a couple setups using them and the performance was pretty impressive in terms of SQ.
Yeah, I had a pair in 99... They got plenty loud in a s10 truck taking up the entire back seats. Was running off a rf amp and jvc dead head. Always loved the old jvc stuff.

Yeah, I had a pair in 99... They got plenty loud in a s10 truck taking up the entire back seats. Was running off a rf amp and jvc dead head. Always loved the old jvc stuff.
New JVC isn't all that bad either, man. This A95BT I'm running right now can hold its own without any EQ, but it's no comparison to how they used to make their decks before they got hung up on the EXAD line. The 5V rating on the preouts is a bit of a stretch, though, if I had to shoot from the hip. I'll have to test it out one day when I'm not so lazy or worn out from work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.