Head unit help

jdub

wa
I have been thinking about a new head unit for my system. From my research, I really like the Pioneer DEH-7000BT. Has anyone had any experience with this unit? The blue tooth is nice, but is definitely not a necessity.

If there are any other units out there in this price range that would perform better than this one, please let me know. I'm not completely sold, but love the look and 4 volt preouts.

Why is that? I've heard good about Alpine and Pioneer and all about how they are at the top of the head unit world. Which Kenwood Deck would you recommend?

I have been thinking about a new head unit for my system. From my research, I really like the Pioneer DEH-7000BT. Has anyone had any experience with this unit? The blue tooth is nice, but is definitely not a necessity.
If there are any other units out there in this price range that would perform better than this one, please let me know. I'm not completely sold, but love the look and 4 volt preouts.
Did you get the Pioneer DEH-7000BT? If so what do you think about it? I am looking at the same model myself.

Thanks,

C_C

Get the 700BT instead. It's the Premier version, and for some reason everyone overlooks the Premier line...

AND, Pioneer has already released, to me at least, the new products for 2009. You might want to wait...

It might let the public view the file, but it might also ask you to log in

http://www.pioneer-mel.com/img_content/catalogs/2009_PREMIER_MOBILE_WINTER_SML.pdf

That's the catalog for the very-soon-to-be-released 2009 models. WAY sexier than anything they have out right now.

Oh, and Kenwood single DINs **** ass.

Yea that DEH-710BT is hot!! Unfortunately it's bit above my price range //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif I will however search for the DEH-700BT as opposed to the DEH-7000BT. Thanks for the heads up on that.

Thanks,

C_C

I have completed my purchase and installation of the Deh-700BT. I have used it for a week now and I absolutely love the sound of my new car stereo system. I installed this system in a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix (non-monsoon). The installation also included 2- 6x9 Kicker rear deck speakers, 2- 6.5 Infinity front door speakers, and a Sony 800 watt amp that powers 2 Sony 12" subwoofers. For the stereo installation wiring I included the GMOS-01 and have the PAC steering wheel control unit on the way.

My first thoughts on the DEH-700BT is that the control knob is vulnerable and may not last long as it is moved so often (hopefully I am wrong about this). I am still trying to fine tune the sound, but the many options available in the custom preset seems allow me to get every note tuned in to the highest degree. With the usb connection I am able to attach my IPOD and really find no need for the CD player. And finally the blue tooth. Though this sounds like a great feature to have, I have found that the connection to my Sprint Mongul phone is easily dropped and the sound on the receiving end is not as clear as my blue tooth ear piece.

I do have a few questions about the installation that perhaps another GM driver can explain. After installing the GMOS-01 I have found that a sound chimes through the driver side door speaker when i crank the car without my seatbelt on or when the door is open while the key is in the ignition. I can live with this, however I have lost other chimes such as the Delayed Lock feature and other sounds from the user interface. Is this normal? Secondly I have noticed that my Date information in the user interface is no longer available. I assume this feature was somehow displayed from the factory stereo? Third if I remove the GMOS-01 what will I lose anything other than the door chimes? And finally if I do decide to remove the GMOS-01, what interface cable would i use instead?

Thanks,

C_C

did anyone know if pioneer got rid of their ground whine issue on their new decks if they did then i would grab one cause these decks look nice
I do not hear a whining sound from this unit. Generally a whine sound is caused by a bad ground. Perhaps an extra ground to your deck would correct this.

I do not hear a whining sound from this unit. Generally a whine sound is caused by a bad ground. Perhaps an extra ground to your deck would correct this.
No, he's talking about this supposed problem with Pioneer decks that was mainly the cause of "installer error". Anyone who knows what they're doing (me included) does not have this problem.

No, he's talking about this supposed problem with Pioneer decks that was mainly the cause of "installer error". Anyone who knows what they're doing (me included) does not have this problem.
This is true. The issue was normally an RCA problem. Had to ground the RCA's behind the dash. I have a DEH-P6800MP, and did not experience this issue. With all the problems people seemed to have with Pioneers and the RCA issue, I am glad I was one of the lucky ones.

geo

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.