HDC3 suprises me...

I ran a kx 2500 to a original hdc3 18 and it did fine for me in 6.2 cubes I then ran two off the amp it was pretty impressive IMO but yeah a single should handle 3k fine just set the gain light but I reccomend another for double the cone area //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Yeah I was thinking about getting another one but that might be pushing it space wise

Also the ap3k is only 2 ohm stable and my hdc3 is dual 1 ohms

My hdc318 on 2k pooped after like 3-4 months 

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Still works, but has coil rub
clipping it partially unwound the coil, yea that's the subs fault //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

My 3xl came with a manual and paper that makes it easy to cut the proper size hole for the subwoofer to be placed in
All of that info is on the AQ site, it's not like they're trying to hide it lol. Though that would be kind of convenient to have a paper with stuff like that on it.

When I put together my first real system I was just about to buy an hdc318... but then I saw the apxx... so glad I bought the apxx... from what ive heard aqs softparts are crap, but you cant beat their price. great subs for a beginner IMO

All of that info is on the AQ site, it's not like they're trying to hide it lol. Though that would be kind of convenient to have a paper with stuff like that on it.
Yeah all i had to do was trace the diameter from the paper onto the box and then i had a perfect cut to just drop the sub in. More subwoofers should come with this

When I put together my first real system I was just about to buy an hdc318... but then I saw the apxx... so glad I bought the apxx... from what ive heard aqs softparts are crap, but you cant beat their price. great subs for a beginner IMO
cuz everything you read on the internetz is fact. As you mature you'll learn to base things off personal experience and not what idiots/nuthuggers on the internet say.

I run AQ, guess I'm a beginner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

cuz everything you read on the internetz is fact. As you mature you'll learn to base things off personal experience and not what idiots/nuthuggers on the internet say.
I run AQ, guess I'm a beginner //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif
i meant no offense, im just very happy with my apxx. no need to get butthurt.

---------- Post added at 01:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 PM ----------

Because you didn't "break it in" LOL... or so they would say when they didn't honor your warranty.

^ i'm gonna say user error
Misaligned coil is NEVER user error. It is poor quality control. Pay a bunch of 10 year old Chinese kids 3$ a day to build subs and this is the kind of thing you get.

^ i'm gonna say user error
Some people seem to beat the tar out of them and have good luck, but they do seem to have a high percentage of subs that fail quickly. They are good performers (if you get a good one), but it's a crap-shoot. IMO best bet would be to get one that has 3rd party softparts, or one that someone has used for a year or so.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

prototype561

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
prototype561
Albany, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date