Suggest 2 10's

MANTI5
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Southern AZ
Right now I have one 12" Shiva X2, in a custom ported box designed by prorabbit (2.3 cft 31hz), on 1000 watts. I love this sub but I think I would like to explore a new setup. What 2 10's would you suggest that would out-perform my current setup? They would be powered by an MB Quart ONX1.1500d. Especially interested in ones that wont break the bank as I would probably be selling my current sub/box to go towards the new.

Kinda what I was thinking, just wanted to make sure I wasn't over-looking anything. So would you say any of the 10's that would get louder just wouldn't sound that great? I have been spoiled with the SQ of the Shiva.

Those 1510's are pretty decent looking. What do you think about the Skar VVX 10s?

It's just one but I will keep you in mind.
Hate kevin all u want but the vvx's are a great buy for the money... My treo gets nasty and ca take gobs of power without issues... Hmmm just 1 well being they are hard to find I still may grab as I might run across another one someday. Dnt see them everyday but I want overpay just cause there not easy to find so keep that in mind when u shoot me a price. The 1510's are nice but I would take a VVX or SA over them anyday. I liked my 2510 but I was far from impressed for what they cost.

I was going to suggest VVXs also. Budget friendly and should sound pretty good and get pretty loud... fits what you want pretty well. If you can fit 12s in a smallish box, Obsidians all the way though.

I can't think of a thing in 10's that might outperform that 12 in overall performance that would not require a substantial investment in amplification as well. I would not trade an Exodus for an Obsidian or Skar anything. See, you should not have bought one of the best subs made because u cut uself real short on upgrades....lol

Truthfully, if I were looking for overall performance increases, I would experiment with enclosure design and much better amplification at 4ohms....anything but a 1ohm load for SQ.

Yeah, kinda hit the jackpot right out the gate lol. I had it on 4ohms and 500 watts when it was pulling home theater duties and it was amazing, got it on 1ohm now and it still sounds great in the trunk. Why have there not been any newer subs that can really compete with these?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.