HDC3 suprises me...

Ive seen about 3thrown a 15 hdc. It 2 sundowns strap down to 1 ohm. Took it like a champ lol. Sub still in good condition.
can't be true, the coils will unwind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Overpowering or clipping, that's what unwinds coils and that is NOT a soft parts issue, that's user error...

can't be true, the coils will unwind //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif
Overpowering or clipping, that's what unwinds coils and that is NOT a soft parts issue, that's user error...
Swear on my dads grave he did....

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

He had a nice elect system to back it up

Swear on my dads grave he did.... 

---------- Post added at 02:34 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

He had a nice elect system to back it up
I was referring to the comments made by chevy. I've burped with 2 3500's at .25ohm each on a single HDC alum coil, so I know what they can take...

Bro. The whole fcking. Audio world will tell you what I just said. I didn't clip I know what I'm doin just like 99% of hdc3 owners who have blown them. We are all so very stupid. I guess pro rabbit is some nooby 16 year old kid. Please teach us your ways. This happened to me in 2 different cars 2 different amps and different applications all together. Funny thing is..after no tuning to the amp the recones still live to this day....hmm
Just to clarify, I never called you stupid. You said in another thread that the coils unwound. That is not a soft parts issue, that is user error....

You guys were not running those setups daily though... The AQ HDC3 has a hard enough time with just 2k thrown at it these people throwing 3.5k per coil are either burping or just talking ****, vids or it didnt happen.

[quote name='Kangaroux']Watch how much power you throw that thing. Anywhere near 3k and that suspension will crap out. In the case that it does, @SPLaudio; can build you a new recone for it that uses a 3" 8 layer coil which would be a lot better for you on that power (and the suspension on his recone will be worlds more reliable)[/QUOTE]

I have put 7300 clamped to 2 HDC3's with the Alum coils for multiple burps and they take it just fine. I trust AQ honestly. Its a good company and has great customer service.

I have put 7300 clamped to 2 HDC3's with the Alum coils for multiple burps and they take it just fine. I trust AQ honestly. Its a good company and has great customer service.
7300 on 2 HDC3's for burps on aluminum is normal for most subwoofers in the same range. I'm talking daily, anyone can burp tons of power to any sub.

I was referring to the comments made by chevy. I've burped with 2 3500's at .25ohm each on a single HDC alum coil, so I know what they can take...
are you tarded? wasnt clipping in any situation. they took all kinds of power for a few months but then they both did the same thing. also when i pulled em out the spiders were detatching from the former. but after a nice recone on both they had no issues.

are you tarded? wasnt clipping in any situation. they took all kinds of power for a few months but then they both did the same thing. also when i pulled em out the spiders were detatching from the former. but after a nice recone on both they had no issues.
you got em hot enough to unwind the coils, either clipping or severely over heated them. Playing way below tuning can tear them loose at the former, but I've never had that problem.

Last set up was 4 15's in a wall tuned to 35Hz and they played 29Hz full tilt on music with 2 3500's per sub at 2ohm each.

http://youtu.be/6oLCBTlc5FU

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

prototype561

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
prototype561
Albany, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date