HDC3 suprises me...

I love how people take a subwoofer that is rated to take 1000 watts rms and put 2-3000 watts rms on them. Then, b1tch and trash talk them when they blow. It's true that you can put a lot more than 1000 watts on them if you are careful with the gain and the subsonic. But you have got to realize that any failure that you have at that power level is on you.

Actually, that being my first "quality" sub (LOL) I did break it in on about 900w for 2 weeks!
if you hold to the thought of breaking in a sub is necessary, driving a sub at 90% of it's rated power is NOT breaking it in...lol...you ppl trip me out. If you put more than rated power to any subwoofer, you have absolutely no right to complain if that sub fails.

Sure, it is nice to be able to drive a sub beyond rated on transient peaks with clean power, but don't ***** if it craps on you if you applied twice it's rated power for any amount of time.

I love how people take a subwoofer that is rated to take 1000 watts rms and put 2-3000 watts rms on them. Then, b1tch and trash talk them when they blow. It's true that you can put a lot more than 1000 watts on them if you are careful with the gain and the subsonic. But you have got to realize that any failure that you have at that power level is on you.
Don't for get to add in box type, size, placement, signal clip etc. that also contribute to a subs failure when being overdriven...and probably accounts for the thought that these subs are QC inconsistent. More like install and user inconsistency.

i meant no offense, im just very happy with my apxx. no need to get butthurt.
I never get butthurt, just pointing out your lack of actual experience with an HDC, yet you didn't hesitate to offer up "what you've heard" about them failing.

I run 3-4x RMS to mine in the daily and demo rides with no issues. They're about as tough as anything I've seen out there if you use some common sense.

I never get butthurt, just pointing out your lack of actual experience with an HDC, yet you didn't hesitate to offer up "what you've heard" about them failing.
I run 3-4x RMS to mine in the daily and demo rides with no issues. They're about as tough as anything I've seen out there if you use some common sense.
I have some buttcream if you need it.

Well I just put 1 18" HDC3 in 6.75 cubes tuned to 33hz in my suv powered by a ap3k. I never had a quality or 18" sub before. My previous setup was 2 15" hifonics brutus on the same power. I was a little relutunct to get the 18 because of the lost of cone area, but to my suprise the HDC3 is just as loud or louder to my ears than my 15's.
Im thinking about buying another one, //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif but it will be a tight fit.
yeah itll take 2k or more for a while...but the spiders will fail or like in my case the coils will unravel (happened twice)

yeah itll take 2k or more for a while...but the spiders will fail or like in my case the coils will unravel (happened twice)
So you played way below tuning and also clipped the **** out of the sub. Happened twice means you didn't learn and correct the problem after the first time.

Trust me I've reconed a ton of HDC's, lvl5's, nightshades and a few other subs cuz guys just keep doing the same stupid **** over and over. Subs just don't magically tear spiders or unwind coils. There is something wrong that needs to be addressed or yes it will keep happening...

So you played way below tuning and also clipped the **** out of the sub. Happened twice means you didn't learn and correct the problem after the first time.
Trust me I've reconed a ton of HDC's, lvl5's, nightshades and a few other subs cuz guys just keep doing the same stupid **** over and over. Subs just don't magically tear spiders or unwind coils. There is something wrong that needs to be addressed or yes it will keep happening...
Bro. The whole fcking. Audio world will tell you what I just said. I didn't clip I know what I'm doin just like 99% of hdc3 owners who have blown them. We are all so very stupid. I guess pro rabbit is some nooby 16 year old kid. Please teach us your ways. This happened to me in 2 different cars 2 different amps and different applications all together. Funny thing is..after no tuning to the amp the recones still live to this day....hmm

Bro. The whole fcking. Audio world will tell you what I just said. I didn't clip I know what I'm doin just like 99% of hdc3 owners who have blown them. We are all so very stupid. I guess pro rabbit is some nooby 16 year old kid. Please teach us your ways. This happened to me in 2 different cars 2 different amps and different applications all together. Funny thing is..after no tuning to the amp the recones still live to this day....hmm
I've run 2 3500's per sub @ .5ohm each and never hurt a sub, guess my ways work....

I test my 18 on my friends ab vfl500.1 it surprisingly handle well. Not a long period of time tho. Also i done tune to 30hz lol i play at about 47-50 hz with the 500.1

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

prototype561

10+ year member
Senior VIP Member
prototype561
Albany, GA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date