HDC3 Box and tuning for explorer

As for now I dont want to give up my back seat till I get another vehicle so I sold the AQ and am now looking for the best 15's I can find.

I have about 700.00 to spend on a pair.

---------- Post added at 08:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:44 PM ----------

are you rethinking this or still on to buildthe 2-18 box.
As for now I dont want to give up my back seat till I get another vehicle so I sold the AQ and am now looking for the best 15's I can find.

I have about 700.00 to spend on a pair.

I've got a 2000 exploder with 2 hdc3 18s.

2012-08-02_18-48-51_473.jpg

2012-08-02_20-37-58_694.jpg

2012-08-02_20-37-44_82.jpg

ok i have a blazer so its a difference in size of space. but ill say this my box is 7.5 cubes after sub displacement. i first tested my hdc3 with the aero ports firing externaly and got a base meter reading. then i started puting stuff in the box to bring down the size of box. so i started with adding 1, 2 liter bottle and my score improved. i think we got up to 3 2-liters before my score started to decrease again. and our math may have been alil wrong but we got down to about 6.5 or 6.6 cubes if not mistakin. so with that being said the best numbers came around there. so your easily looking a a 12cube min box honestly

In explorers best numbers setup with 2 18 setups is sub Foward port up slid all the way back to hatch. I did 155.4 with 2 18s sub up port back, flipped the box to sub Foward port up and bam 156.0.

Guy on my team had a single HDC3 18 in a sploder, daily tuned set up. Did 151+ sealed up and played down low quite well. He was at the Radio Doctor show in April, up in madison.

You should have kept 1 of the subs...

ok i have a blazer so its a difference in size of space. but ill say this my box is 7.5 cubes after sub displacement. i first tested my hdc3 with the aero ports firing externaly and got a base meter reading. then i started puting stuff in the box to bring down the size of box. so i started with adding 1, 2 liter bottle and my score improved. i think we got up to 3 2-liters before my score started to decrease again. and our math may have been alil wrong but we got down to about 6.5 or 6.6 cubes if not mistakin. so with that being said the best numbers came around there. so your easily looking a a 12cube min box honestly
This^.... cant fit 12 cubes in the rear with going over the back seats and I'm not ready to do that. I'd rather have a better pair of 15's and have a little room for batteries.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.