HDC3 Box and tuning for explorer

Honestly, if you want to lose your back seats I always suggest a wall lol...
For me to personally take out a back seat or fold them down for no more use..It has to be for something very very worth it... So for me a wall is the only way I would do it.

I know you can get some crazy numbers with 4 12s or a couple 15s back there.
Very true but a wall is not easy to remove as just a big old box when you go to sale the explorer.

In my opinion yes but what are you trying to accomplish here that will be what determines if its worth it to you.
I will end up another 400.1 and 2 more subs so the back seat is coming out regardless.

In the meantime I'm just trying to have some fun and push some air... maybe go to my first show.

After this truck is done I'm pretty sure I'm done with CA (due to hearing problems) so I wanna go out in style. Plan on using some plugs for this last round:)

btw, could I please see these 4 18's of yours in action.

Your 3.25ft3 wont' work so please do us a favor and stop suggesting it. It is not even a "min" option.
I suggested it 1 time dude.

Sleez, just about 90% of people on here over analyze everything and usually provide bad info. Not saying that DC is but, ive seen the same subs in the same same vehicle with same MINIMUM specs up close and personal doing work for over a year straight with no issues. ive also seen American Bass HD's in the same application which are **** near the same thing as the HDC3. but what do I know, my post count isnt over 7,027,489,034 and I must not own the same vehicle or win every show I compete in

Very true but a wall is not easy to remove as just a big old box when you go to sale the explorer.
very true indeed!!

It just takes a lot for me to want to take out a back seat...then again I use it from time to time though.

I suggested it 1 time dude.
Sleez, just about 90% of people on here over analyze everything and usually provide bad info. Not saying that DC is but, ive seen the same subs in the same same vehicle with same MINIMUM specs up close and personal doing work for over a year straight with no issues. ive also seen American Bass HD's in the same application which are **** near the same thing as the HDC3. but what do I know, my post count isnt over 7,027,489,034 and I must not own the same vehicle or win every show I compete in
Suggesting one has more knowledge based on post count is a bit over the top to be honest. I worked for AQ (in R&d, Customer Service, and Marketing) and did compete for a long time and I would think it would be safe to say..yes I did well enough.

I have tons of experience with these subs and explorers as does dbeez. We have both built several variations for those trucks over the years. For AQ I have tested 100% every possible option for them from sealed to band pass, to horn, to bass reflex to everything.. net volume alterations and port area alterations of all kinds..I would like to think I would have a general grasp (more then most) on just about any AQ thread at the least.

Suggesting one has more knowledge based on post count is a bit over the top to be honest. I worked for AQ (in R&d, Customer Service, and Marketing) and did compete for a long time and I would think it would be safe to say..yes I did well enough.
That is just the generalization the majority of people on this site believe to be true. Higher post count = more knowledge. Again I didn't say you.

I have tons of experience with these subs and explorers as does dbeez. We have both built several variations for those trucks over the years. For AQ I have tested 100% every possible option for them from sealed to band pass, to horn, to bass reflex to everything.. net volume alterations and port area alterations of all kinds..I would like to think I would have a general grasp (more then most) on just about any AQ thread at the least.
You need to read what I said man. People tend to over analyze and I made sure to note that "I'M NOT SAYING DC IS". I trust your work because you obviously run a business off of it. I was just letting him in on the obvious with bulk of people on this site.

Edit: Post deleted.... I need to think about this and calculate the cost of 4 18's and batts

If I'm gonna do this I might as well do it right. I'll get the other three 18's and have you design the box. I really don't want a wall though so I hope we can build a good window line box(or above if need be) but it would be nice to pull into the lanes without having a van on the other side. lol
btw, I also don't want another alternator so do you think that 7 spv70's on a 250amp mechman will be enough to run 8k
Hopefully you don't have a sun roof LOL your roof is going to hate you

Edit: Post deleted.... I need to think about this and calculate the cost of 4 18's and batts
The electrical is what will get you over just about anything else. I can get a good deal on Deka's if need be or I can get Batcaps new if you got deep pockets lol.

That is just the generalization the majority of people on this site believe to be true. Higher post count = more knowledge. Again I didn't say you.

You need to read what I said man. People tend to over analyze and I made sure to note that "I'M NOT SAYING DC IS". I trust your work because you obviously run a business off of it. I was just letting him in on the obvious with bulk of people on this site.
I did read it, but I happen to know that dbeez is a good guy and knows what he is talking about. Thank you for giving me some credit for what I have done and continue to do. I was mainly trying to point out that dbeez should get some credit as well, as he has a good background around this topic as well.

I did read it, but I happen to know that dbeez is a good guy and knows what he is talking about. Thank you for giving me some credit for what I have done and continue to do. I was mainly trying to point out that dbeez should get some credit as well, as he has a good background around this topic as well.
That's cool and all but dude said everything I said was "a lot" of fail when just 1 thing out of the multiple things I said, he didn't agree with. Pretty much trying to make me look and sound stupid and I have no clue what i'm talking about

I come off abrasive some times I hate trying to use this site on my phone but basically you said tune around 48-52hz that's a no his truck will peak around that range yes you would be correct I don't hold back my thoughts I say exactly what I mean so you never have to read into anything i post. Aq subs in my testing from subs to ext. Cab trucks to cars dominate in larger enclosure with large ports. 6-7 cubes per 18 is needed at a minimum no less as it will hamper the subs out put by quite a bit from a 4.5-5.5 cube box the output difference ranged about 2.5 DB's and continued to go up as volume increased port area per cube remained the same to keep variables down then taking port area up it really woke up.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.