HDC3 Box and tuning for explorer

i also would like to see where the "lots of" fail is. you might not of agreed with the size I said, doesn't mean it's wrong though. sleez, i'd put money on your explorers vehicle tuning being within the freq range I mentioned
I figured it was high from my experience with my old hcca's being around 42hz.

Also, does it make a difference if I split the box but still keep the subs touching on the inner sides?

From what I know about pro audio this is the way to go:/

I figured it was high from my experience with my old hcca's being around 42hz.
Also, does it make a difference if I split the box but still keep the subs touching on the inner sides?

From what I know about pro audio this is the way to go:/
every aero box I have ever seen done, there was never a divider splitting up the subs, there were all open with just some 45's added in

Sleaz, listen to those who have done this several times over for many many years. You will have a much better result.

If you put those AQ subs in a tiny enclosure like suggested you will hate yourself. I have tried just about every enclosure option for those subs and the only way you get by with a small enclosure is to have an over the top amount of port area...and even then it is a waste of space do to the lack of output.

I will say this hope your willing to lose your backseat for a pair of 18's or you better be trying to trade them for a pair of 15's.

like i said previously, MINIMUM 3 1/4 cubes each of internal airspace. which means the lowest to go, not the actual maximum size. jesus, people need to learn how to read. we are on a forum, right?

I will say this hope your willing to lose your backseat for a pair of 18's or you better be trying to trade them for a pair of 15's.
Indeed. If not the net volume, the port volume will kill you. You can go crazy high but if you get to high you won't load correctly of the top and back of the truck.

---------- Post added at 08:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 AM ----------

like i said previously, MINIMUM 3 1/4 cubes each of internal airspace. which means the lowest to go, not the actual maximum size. jesus, people need to learn how to read. we are on a forum, right?
Your 3.25ft3 wont' work so please do us a favor and stop suggesting it. It is not even a "min" option.

Is it worth it?
Honestly, if you want to lose your back seats I always suggest a wall lol...

For me to personally take out a back seat or fold them down for no more use..It has to be for something very very worth it... So for me a wall is the only way I would do it.

I know you can get some crazy numbers with 4 12s or a couple 15s back there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.