Hdc3 10s sealed?

loudenuff

CarAudio.com Elite
WA gwon?
Thoughts? Built a 3.2 cuft box tuned to 35hz myself, box was a little too big so it is firing up port up and I honestly don't think I'm getting the low end extension everyone was saying I'd get from these drivers.. Having a hard time getting rid of them too. Is there something I'm missing or doing wrong? I have no acoustical knowledge I followed a design by a respected member on some forum using RAM. I don't know how to use winsid. Don't really have the money to pay a builder right now.. Any suggestions

do another box tuned lower....
But I have heard from multiple people not to tune lower its optimal and it would get plenty low.. It also doesn't hit very high either which is why I think I just built the box incorrectly

But I also built it to exact specs. And I've seen on the forums tuning to 35 and hitting 30 with authority.. Maybe bad review or maybe I just did it wrong. Not sure. Just downloaded winsid seeing if I can figure it out

how low are you looking for them to play?, hdc3 and 4 subs have stiff spiders, take a while for them to loosen up, once they do they will get louder and lower, also what vehicle are they going in? if it were me I would build a box with around 1.15 cubes per sub net(after all displacement), with a port tuned to around 32hz, I feel anything more then 1.35 per sub for 10's is too big, just my opinion.

how low are you looking for them to play?, hdc3 and 4 subs have stiff spiders, take a while for them to loosen up, once they do they will get louder and lower, also what vehicle are they going in? if it were me I would build a box with around 1.15 cubes per sub net(after all displacement), with a port tuned to around 32hz, I feel anything more then 1.35 per sub for 10's is too big, just my opinion.
They're going into the trunk or an 06 Buick LaCrosse sedan. I'm looking for accurate bass from 30-50 hz.. And I have no problem remaking a box to those specifications. I'm just going with the point that has been said that these 10s are widely known to do best in 1.5 @35hx... These people also talked to me like I'm. Noob who just picked up his first speaker

I've always had simple slot vent enclosures as well. Would going for a band pass work for me? I hear they're very narrow and peaky.

I don't have an rta or any means of acquiring one so measuring all the gains and resonant frequencies and all of that stuff isn't an option for me

Don't fire them up fire to the rear. You should get much better performance port and sub facing rearward. Also typically I go 1.25 at 32hz for the hdc310, dd3510, ab hd10 and similar drivers.

For loud peaks 1.15@40 usually puts up a good score but is horrible for daily

soundqubed doesn't like 4th order, they are best in ported enclosures, I have 2 hdc4 18's I put in a 12cube net box and tuned to 36hz and they dipped into the low 30's no problem, fire the subs and port back in the new box and I think you will see a big difference.

Don't fire them up fire to the rear. You should get much better performance port and sub facing rearward. Also typically I go 1.25 at 32hz for the hdc310, dd3510, ab hd10 and similar drivers.
For loud peaks 1.15@40 usually puts up a good score but is horrible for daily
I don't want peaky I'd prefer a rather flat response. And the box was intended to be port and sub rear but it wouldn't fit that way when I got to the trunk (didn't measure it correctly) so it had to be firing up. I want to do another enclosure but I just don't know how to design one properly

soundqubed doesn't like 4th order, they are best in ported enclosures, I have 2 hdc4 18's I put in a 12cube net box and tuned to 36hz and they dipped into the low 30's no problem, fire the subs and port back in the new box and I think you will see a big difference.
You don't think the fact that they're 10s will impact that?

But I have heard from multiple people not to tune lower its optimal and it would get plenty low.. It also doesn't hit very high either which is why I think I just built the box incorrectly
No, its because you have it firing up. You get a lot less lows firing up vs firing to the rear. You can have the exact specced box as your box but if designed to fit the trunk firing back, youll get a major shift in the sound with way more lows. Up firing in a trunk usually makes 45hz and up peaky and takes away anything below 40hz

You messed up on the box, pure and simple. Specs should be okay, just subwoofer loading is completely fked. Which is every bit as important as box design.

I had them in my edge, 3.5cuft net at 32hrtz, and I was extremely disappointed. Subs up and port back. THEY told me that I tuned to low, some even said that the box was too small. I spoke with someone at SQ, and was told that that size and tuning would work wonders, all I can say about that is that I no longer own the subs. Good luck dude, I really hope things work out better for you than they did for me.

I had them in my edge, 3.5cuft net at 32hrtz, and I was extremely disappointed. Subs up and port back. THEY told me that I tuned to low, some even said that the box was too small. I spoke with someone at SQ, and was told that that size and tuning would work wonders, all I can say about that is that I no longer own the subs. Good luck dude, I really hope things work out better for you than they did for me.
I wasn't a fan of my hdc310 either. Sold it and never looked back.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.