best box software

Participant count
  • Participant list

voltagexdt
10+ year member

Ok. Need bit of help.

Before the flame. I have been in car audio 25 years. And have built some serious boxes

Here's my issue.

Been many years since I have done a custom enclosure.

And I'll be damned if I can remember what software I used for the thing.

What are u guys using.

Now look. I'm not needing this big technical program. Just want a simple program that is basically going to be used for port calculations.

And to tell you how long it's been. I pulled out my term pro spl meter and realized heck they done came out with a new version new updates and I'm like hmm.

Need some friendly help

I have winisd.. and its not giving me the same info as other calcs I have been comparing to

thank you

Your Termlab is still ok unless you are trying to compare it to the new Magnum.

They changed the algorithm on the new one so it can read higher at certain frequencies.. Why i have no idea.

Here is video proving such-

SPL-Lab offers both algorithm configurations in case you ever need to upgrade

Your Termlab is still ok unless you are trying to compare it to the new Magnum.
They changed the algorithm on the new one so it can read higher at certain frequencies.. Why i have no idea.

Here is video proving such-

I remember when the termlab first came out. At our 3x even some 2x we used the b&k they where different for sure. The audio control properly calabrated was nearly identical to the b&k

Not that old. Just competed when i was a teenager. I know it was close to the b&k wonder how accurate the newer one is.

We used the audiocontrol alot too. Glad everything converted to one device. The audiocontrol was pretty much dead on with the tl and the b&k was slightly stiffer.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.