HD315 Installed

Crackle kit is just a can of enamel base coat and lacquer top coat. I thought about doing the whole thing that way, but they only had 2 kits left. Other places want $10 and it would have taken 4-5 I'm guessing.

Thanks for the props. I figured everyone would be hatin....

Got to crank it up some on the way in. Hits pretty hard and seems to be as loud/louder than the 2 RL-P's it replaced.

Will have more time at lunch today to demo some more music and see what I think. Do have a lot more vibrating/buzzing inside the car. Will need to add more deadener for sure....

the box looks great! I love the blue stain. But I really would of filled the screw holes first. Or even better, glue and clamps.
I actually like the look of screws on a stained box for some reason , so I left them showing //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Got to demo a variety of music on the HD315 today. Overall I'm VERY happy with it.

SQ is not quite up to par with the RL-P's, but for being 1 vs 2 I'd have to say output is better.

I have a bunch of new rattles/vibrations, so more deadener will be going in. Rear package shelf will have to be screwed down I'm guessing as it's making a horrible flapping/farting sound.

Has a LOT of punch for kick drums which is what I like. On some songs with detailed bass guitar it's not as accurate, but turning down the remote gain seems to make it blend in better and sound more musical.

Will demo some newer rap stuff on the way back to work.

I give it an A+.....

glad to see you finally got that thing. you will love it, it's a great sub.

and i got that oak box pretty much done, just gotta stain it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Good lookin box man!! Hows the Q holdin up? Where are those rlps gonna go?//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Q is kickin nice, but I still need to bolt down the HUGE rear shelf in the GF's Cobalt as it smacks up & down when she plays it remotely loud. Did get some fender washers and self tapping screws, so it'll be done soon.

RL-P's are each in one of these monters. 10^3 @19Hz, beating the $hit out of my house!!!!

1001432gt5.jpg

glad to see you finally got that thing. you will love it, it's a great sub.
and i got that oak box pretty much done, just gotta stain it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Pat,

You going with red or red/black like we talked about? And I want a demo of that thing when it's done, so plan on heading up my way or meeting up somewhere.

After more listening time here's what I'm thinking. Sub sounds detailed/accurate at low/med volumes, but when I crank it up on some songs it just doesn't sound as good. Others it sounds fine and has PUNCH!!!!

BUT........at those volumes the car is shaking/vibrating/buzzing like a MoFo, so possibly that's the reduced SQ I'm hearing. Certain freq's in some songs just beat the car to death, and I think that's why I perceive it as reduced SQ.

Plan to deaden the he!! out of it (which I already did, but it needs more) and screw down everything that can move, but doesn't need to. I'm the king of self tapping screws //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Motley Crew -Kickstar my Heart sounds amazing

Company B - Fascinated (club mix) has ungodly punch to it.

Most songs with lower bass lines turn my car into a buzz box...for now anyway.

Very impressive single sub for a daily driver. Once I heard BigJoker's DD9515 I knew I had to have one, or something similar.

Another AQ fanboi //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

Where can you get the blue stain from and do you just simply start staining the wood or is there something that has to be brushed on before the stain??
HD for like $8 a quart and I didn't even use a pint on this box. They custom mix it for you, have like 50 colors you can choose from and it's water based for easy clean up.

Slap on some polyurethane after the stain and you're good to go.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.