HD315 Installed

Jake,

Thanks for the info. After more listening I still think it has more to do with the horrible vibrations I'm getting. First time I've had a rear firing sub in my car and I now need to add a LOT more deadener to certain places. The metal cutout where the back seats fold down sounds like it's being hit with a hammer, so the 2 layers of deadener just aren't cutting it. 3rd brake light bounces up/down about 1/2" and makes a horrible rattling sound.

Also I need to deaden the rear of the trunk and trunk lid. I think all of that will make a huge diff for songs with lower bass lines.

I'll have time on Saturday to take care of all that. Was considering adding a 2nd

1500D, but for now I think it's loud enough for this "old man" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Jake,
Thanks for the info. After more listening I still think it has more to do with the horrible vibrations I'm getting. First time I've had a rear firing sub in my car and I now need to add a LOT more deadener to certain places. The metal cutout where the back seats fold down sounds like it's being hit with a hammer, so the 2 layers of deadener just aren't cutting it. 3rd brake light bounces up/down about 1/2" and makes a horrible rattling sound.

Also I need to deaden the rear of the trunk and trunk lid. I think all of that will make a huge diff for songs with lower bass lines.

I'll have time on Saturday to take care of all that. Was considering adding a 2nd

1500D, but for now I think it's loud enough for this "old man" //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Lol, your only as old as you feel. Nice build and review of the HD3. Also didnt get a chance to comment on the HT boxes for the RLPs, nice as well. With that lil review of the HD3, your making a hard desicion even harder for me (the next subs to use in my install).

Lol, your only as old as you feel. Nice build and review of the HD3. Also didnt get a chance to comment on the HT boxes for the RLPs, nice as well. With that lil review of the HD3, your making a hard desicion even harder for me (the next subs to use in my install).
VERY happy with the HD sub as the output is a lot for a single sub. I've demoed a lot of music on it and happy with how it sounds on all of it.

Kick drums on 80's metal has PUNCH for sure. Newer rap just beats my car to death for now.

What other subs you considering? I've not heard much: Tempest, RL-P's, FI Q and I like the HD best out of all of them. SQ if fine for a daily driver and it gets LOUD when I want it to.

Old as in 43 and a gramps already. I'll have the loudest system at the senior home //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

MY ultimate set up would be 2 12's and 2 Sundowns strapped, but didn't have the $$$ right now. Besides next vehicle will be something bigger, so I can add a second 15 and more power....

i think i'm going to do an all red stain on the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hopefully i can test some pieces this weekend and get the box done Sunday.

i'm still waiting on the amp, so when i get that in i'll let ya know.

i think i'm going to do an all red stain on the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif hopefully i can test some pieces this weekend and get the box done Sunday.
i'm still waiting on the amp, so when i get that in i'll let ya know.
Should look pimp as hell blood red. Box isn't that big, so probably won't need any accents to break it up. But I still like the idea of a gloss black front to highlight that silver cone.

Holler at me when it's done as I want a demo...

Just so much right now, def the FI Qs but at the same time I was planning on waiting to purchase a Sundown 3000 when its released. A pair of Q 15s was high on my list because of my current amps (2 Orion 1200ds) but I though if im going for the gusto, why not go all out and take it to another level? Thats what made me consider the BTLs or the HD3s. I just like my low end and didnt want to lose it with a tune as high a recomended by Audioque, but I heard that they play much lower than that.

If its (1) Sundown 3000d then its a pair of Q 15s with the BP option.

If its (2) Sundown 3000ds then its either (4) Qs 12s with the BP option, (2) 15" Fully loaded BTLs, or (2) 15" HD3s

And im 30 so hopefully plan to still be enjoying car audio this much when I get to your age my friend.

And I would not crank that 15 up too much around the senior center to much, might knock over somebodys tray with there dinner and pills LOL:laugh:

just so you know you can run 2500W on that HD all day. so if you have the cash for the bigger or more amps, do it. AQ makes a sick driver.

Just so much right now, def the FI Qs but at the same time I was planning on waiting to purchase a Sundown 3000 when its released. A pair of Q 15s was high on my list because of my current amps (2 Orion 1200ds) but I though if im going for the gusto, why not go all out and take it to another level? Thats what made me consider the BTLs or the HD3s. I just like my low end and didnt want to lose it with a tune as high a recomended by Audioque, but I heard that they play much lower than that.
If its (1) Sundown 3000d then its a pair of Q 15s with the BP option.

If its (2) Sundown 3000ds then its either (4) Qs 12s with the BP option, (2) 15" Fully loaded BTLs, or (2) 15" HD3s

And im 30 so hopefully plan to still be enjoying car audio this much when I get to your age my friend.

And I would not crank that 15 up too much around the senior center to much, might knock over somebodys tray with there dinner and pills LOL:laugh:

I can tell you that the HD is probably twice as loud to the ear as the Q in the GF's car. Not that her's is quiet, and mine is getting around 600+watts more.

My box is tuned to 35Hz as I was also not liking the idea of a 40Hz tune. I may build another box though, just to try it out at the higher tune. But the lows are SICK on this thing right now and plenty of SLAM you in the chest kick drums.

Just because the HD's will take 2000+ doesn't mean you'll need that much. Off a SD1500D at .75ohm it gets plenty loud for a daily driver. 2 HD's off a SD3000D should be STUPID loud and unless you want to compete I bet that would be enough power for them.

Not sure if the surround is loosening up or I'm just getting used to the sound of this sub, but man am I liking it. At lower volumes it just does it's job, adding subtle bass lines, etc... then lean on the volume and the beast comes alive. I had a 3/4 full can of pop in the drink holder last night and watched it slowly spin all the way around. Audio and visual entertainment //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Can't comment on the BTL's, but I'm sure they're also great subs. I just know I'm hangin onto this HD for a while as it's doing all that I wanted and more.

just so you know you can run 2500W on that HD all day. so if you have the cash for the bigger or more amps, do it. AQ makes a sick driver.

Yea, I had heard that but I was planning on running a pair of HD3 15s and I would have to find two more Orion 1200ds or a 2500. Plus, I have been hearing very good things about sundown audio and Im ready for something new and going all out.

Spent 6+ hours ripping the rear shelf and all panels out last night. Added a bunch more deadener, and screwed everything down tight. Made a plate to bolt the 3rd brake light to the shelf also. Found out that the side panels up by the glass were rattling pretty badly as the factory metal clips didn't hold it down tight enough. A few long self tappers with rubber washers and it's quiet as can be.

Also did the trunk lid and elongated the latch holes, so the trunk closes VERY tightly now. Had about 1/2" of flex before and NONE now. Still have some vibrations in the trunk lid though. Have a can of Great Stuff, but I'm leary of warping the trunk lid, and it's a black car, so it'll show for sure.

Any tips on using the GS? Like how much it expands, etc...

Get the non expanding type if your gonna do it.
Is that a lot harder to use to fill in all the impossible to reach places? I figured the expanding I could shoot through the few holes in the trunk bracing and it would get into everywhere.

With the non expanding I could probably drill some holes to help reach everywhere.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.