Having your stuff stolen

91lacdeville
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
CT
What kind of insurance do you need to cover your car audio incase it gets stolen. I want a totally new system so i thought i would just drive down the street and bump my stereo for a while at the local park and leave it their for a while and see what happens. But i dont want my stuff to get stolen and then screwed over by the insurance company.

so in other words you want to scam the insurance companies?

retards like you make the prices higher, and then you wonder why insurance rates are so high...

That's the most idiotic idea I've ever heard.

Insurance gets wind of this brilliant idea of yours and you could be prosecuted for insurance fraud.

But to answer your question. I just got my stuff stolen out of my car, 6 other cars got hit the same night, and I just called my insurance company, told them. They said provide reciepts for what was stolen and they would cover it. I provided reciepts and got a check in the mail 2 weeks later.

Try saving some money and buying your stuff legit, instead of trying to commit fraud to get it done.

Originally posted by 91lacdeville What kind of insurance do you need to cover your car audio incase it gets stolen. I want a totally new system so i thought i would just drive down the street and bump my stereo for a while at the local park and leave it their for a while and see what happens. But i dont want my stuff to get stolen and then screwed over by the insurance company.

Originally posted by 91lacdeville What kind of insurance do you need to cover your car audio incase it gets stolen. I want a totally new system so i thought i would just drive down the street and bump my stereo for a while at the local park and leave it their for a while and see what happens. But i dont want my stuff to get stolen and then screwed over by the insurance company.
With that attitude, I suggest you go for it. In fact, you might as well hide all your equipment in your basement and claim it got stolen and see what happens.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif :nono: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif

I knew someone who did that and the insurance company would only pay the car audio shop of his choice. Meaning no money in his hands. Insurance company paid for the entire system with a check to the car audio dealer of his choice.

Insurance Fraud..........For a new system........Your freedom means nothing to you.

why do people ask such STUPID questions?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

Most insurance companies you'd need full coverage. And hopefully it slips when you tell the insurance man sayin I left my car doors open and they just stole the stuff right out.

here with your regular insurance you get up to 1000cdn...but u must use local shops..if u have a shitty system then u maay as well trash it and start again buying stuff of the net u will save more...here anywho!

how is this insurance fraud? not to sound ignorant or anything but isn't fraud claiming when it was never stolen...i mean the stuff would get stolen......

he was saying he doesn't want it stolen if he wont' get it returned...

i dont want canadian dollars !!!!

they stole one amplifier from me like 8 months ago.. it was insured it was reported and it was paid back to me... thats a normal insurance process.

thread opener: my system labels you WFARB

WelFare And Really Broke //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

i dont think this is fraud.... i just think its stupid and the reason insurance rates are so high

if you do this i hope they ruin your car tryin to get it

C'mon guys - just wait a second before jumping all over this guy. And DON'T jump all over me for helping him, either - have faith.

Two things, man - usually you need extra coverage for aftermarket stuff, or at least need to report what you have and need covered to your insurance company.

Different companies have different policies concerning this - what insurance company do you have? This is probably the most important part - I've got a good friend who "used to" work for an insurance broker. Tell me what company you have, and I'll find out what their policy on aftermarket stereos is.

~HH

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.