Having trouble picking 10’s

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rob93

Hey all, I’m looking for 2 10’s for a new build. I figured I should ask here because I be been looking for days can’t seem to find exactly what I’m looking for and maybe someone will have a suggestion.

current setup:
2.6^ custom ported box @28Hz
12” skar vxf 4ohm DVC
Orion 2500.1 birth sheet @2985rms

I don’t have any more useable space so I will be rebuilding my current box just with 2 10’s one on each side. I was considering sundown SA 10 V2 (I’ve read they can handle 1500) but that leaves a lot of wasted rms in my headspace. Does anyone know of any reputable CEA certified subwoofers that have a 12-1400 rms rating? Preferably that won’t break the bank.. less than $400 each is semi-realistic If space is an issue I have already considered going downfiring inverted to gain a pinch.

ty for read

Last edited:
With that kind of vehicle you should try subs up port to the side. I'd look at 4 8s if you can't fit 10s across the top.

Cea certification only applies to amplifers at a 4 ohm load, < 1% thd and 1khz. Its not a very useful rating at all and does not apply to any sort of speaker.

I totally get your guys recommendations, there are reasons it is set up the way it is though. I have 3 kids too, lol. Good to know about CEA only really meaning something with amps. I did consider 4 8’s as well but what I was looking at would have been sundown I believe and costed around 800 before tax for just subs and only drop me at 2k rms total. I know the design could be better but it is still an absolute beast nonetheless.

I will consider 8’s in general.
If you guys have any recommendations on those as well they are welcome. I do still think aesthetically a 10 on each side would look great and hit harder for multiple reasons.

I've seen a 4 10 setup in a trunk car with opposed side firing subs and a rear firing port but I'm not sure that combo would work in all vehicles. You definitely do not want opposed firing ports and subs, that's a recipe for cancellation.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.