Have i failed 2x now making box for 2 l7s or do they have 0 sq?

Participant count
  • Participant list

36jere602

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hey hows it going, so here is my situation. I have an explorer and have had 2 rockford T2 15's in a box i built a while back, it sounds great. Ive built probably 15-20 boxes so im no pro but i got enough of a clue to pull it off without a problem... until now. All i hear about is kicker l7s are the ****, cant go wrong with L7s etc etc etc. So i got a decent deal on 2 L7 15's built a box because the one they came in was garbage, huge band pass not 4 me. . so my box sounds like crap so i read forums figured out everything like i always do and now box#2 sounds alright but it really doesn't have much sq and has kind of narrow slot of frequencies that sound good and have any output. This sound cannot b what i hear about all the time because my t2's blow these L7s out the water wired at 4 ohms with the l7s @1ohm. My info is  24x45.2x27. Box volume is 11.94ft3 net. Port area is 152.20 in2 . tuned to 34 hz Port gross dims are 24 x6.30x14.75 deep. Box is double baffled subs and bracing is minus .60ft3.. They are powered by a Mtx thunder 1501d . Its 500rms@ 4 ohm 1000rms @2ohm and 2000@1ohm i believe. I also have audio control dsp dqdx . 300 amp alt .Big3 1/0 power wire. Subs back port back. Please take a look and tell me what im doing wrong bcuz i havnt a clue. Thanks for reading my thesis. If i missed anything u might need let me know. Thx

Screenshot_2018-08-31-08-19-00.png

Screenshot_2018-08-31-08-18-52.png

Jeez... that's a big enclosure... got any pics?

It OUGHT to be peaky... it's a Kicker and in a box like that... wow

I might model that one up in a sec just to see what it might sound like.

After taking a second look I see an issue...I might be wrong but it looks like the port height is the same as the box height (152in2 of port... wow), what vehicle are you putting this monster in? A pic would answer a lot of questions.

Fuc k the edit button on here

After a quick glance i suspect the math on the box is way off. And btw that amp is only 2 ohm stable, its not 1 ohm stable, one of my good friends used to have one so I'm familar with it. Its rated 750 at 4 ohms and 1500 at 2 ohms 14.4v

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.