Have a very unique wiring harness in my Acura RSX and trying to figure out options ..

Participant count
  • Participant list

elitemouse

Canada
Hi, I have a Clarion MAX685BT in my car that has been in the car since I bought it, and recently the touchscreen has stopped working, so I was shopping around and settled on one of the Pioneer double dins, took me a few minutes to get the clarion out but I was greeted with this:

Imgur

There was no harness that plugged into that part it just plugged directly into the back of the clarion, and I chased the wires back to the base harness and there is no other connection in there.

So it appears that the PO took the harness that came with the clarion and cut the factory harness off so he could hardwire it in?

I was really hoping to find a harness that would plug into this one and they sell one that is pretty much the exact same here except that it is 16 pin and the one in my car is 18 pin.

Which is ******* retarded because the one in my car only uses 16 wires anyways, so clarion just had a pointless 18 pin connector when literally every other headunit ever made seems to run 16 pin.

Does anyone know if they make an 18 pin connector anywhere? Because I can't find one anywhere, is my only option going to be to cut the harness and wire a stock one back in? I'm comfortable with wiring a new harness but having to cut into the factory wires I'm not so sure about ...

I'd personally just cut the plug out and use the wires there to wire up your new hu. Just match the wires from both harnesses and connect them. The new hu should come with the harness for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.