power handing question

MontanaDave

i am currently upgrading my subs from 2 12inch kicker comps with a 800 watt ssl edge to 2-12 inch 1500 watt rms PA Mofo 124x dvc 4 ohm ran off a PA gothic gt 6000 watt max (haha right?) mono block (3700 watts@1 ohm) will be ran parallel to 1 ohm

i also run a 400 watt 4 channel mtx amp for my door speakers.

i drive a 2001 yukon slt pretty sure i have a 145a alt

i plan on doing the big 3, putting a second battery in the back (4000 watts) ran parallel with an isolator and a capacitor.. all 1/0 gauge.

my questions is should this be enough to run my system? or just not on full volume all the time

now i know i should upgrade my alternator and i do plan on doing so down the road. will be adding a second alternator for a dual alt set up. (so i can get bigger down the road and not have to redo it)

It is, but the equipment is still very over-rated. Will that amp do 3700@1 ohm clean? No way in hell. Maybe somewhere close to 3k on a clipped dynamic burst on 18v.

Don't waste your money on that capacitor.

See what voltage drop is, then get stuff. You probably will need at least a good AGM under the hood

I almost pulled the trigger on pgeojix gold elite 2s and with an elite 1 set up.. Just not trying to spend that.. I've listened to the pa sub's.. I want thump, its what they do.

So what until I get everything installed before I upgrade? That way I can see how it handles?

Yea, it would be fine to wait. Then watch voltage drop and make sure gain is set correctly.

If you're going to spend the extra money on a HO alt, get better equipment too.

I almost pulled the trigger on pgeojix gold elite 2s and with an elite 1 set up.. Just not trying to spend that.. I've listened to the pa sub's.. I want thump, its what they do.
So what until I get everything installed before I upgrade? That way I can see how it handles?
if you want thump and you think power acoustik can thump, just wait till you see real subs. Also we had a member test that sub on real 750 watts of power and that sh*t burned up. Just know with lower tier companies, they lie about their power by far. Same thing with their amps. You take away a 0 at the end and you will get the proper output their amp does. You may think you are getting a deal but you are getting screwd pretty hard

A big part of your thump is how well your box is designed.

I wasn't asking for ur thoughts on a equipment, just set up. If this works for me, and makes me happy.. Why do you care what I run?
Just trying to save you some money and disappointment, but by all means, do what you like. Prove to the world once and for all that you can polish a turd.

I understand that, but if they only push 1000 watts a price and I paid 465 for the system, I will call that a win. When I get everything set up, I will test watts and such and see where it truly stands

I understand that, but if they only push 1000 watts a price and I paid 465 for the system, I will call that a win. When I get everything set up, I will test watts and such and see where it truly stands
It's not a win. But like said, do what makes you happy.

Keep supporting brands that need to go out of business.

You just have to do some research, spend a few days trolling YouTube, whatever, and see what the good brands are.

Then, you look for good deals. I waited for months with no system for the right deal, slipped and fell into over $3k worth of brand new Digital Designs gear , paid about 10% of that cost. Granted, im having issues with my current build, but still. I spent less on my system and its all top of the line stuff.

I have a hard time saying things nicely so ill just say I agree with what everyone else has said. But whatever tickles yo pickle

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.