Have a look @ my new fiberglass enclosure/amp rack (PICS) . . .

John P.
10+ year member

SoCal
with over 100 pics of the fabrication/install. The whole system is documented there, too. Click on "TT Audio mk.II" in my sig for more! (Posted @ SoundDomain, but I figured some of you would like to see it, too.)

I hope my page helps those of you who might be interested in taking the fiberglass plunge. After all the time invested in the project, I have some serious respect for those of you who have done this before. It took several months before I finished it (many breaks, oh, and the birth of my son!). I'm satisfied with the results:

493978_75_full.jpg

493978_84_full.jpg

493978_104_full.jpg

493978_113_full.jpg

Feel free to sign my page's guestbook if you're so inclined. Thanks for your time.

John

with over 100 pics of the fabrication/install. The whole system is documented there, too. Click on "TT Audio mk.II" in my sig for more! (Posted @ SoundDomain, but I figured some of you would like to see it, too.)
I hope my page helps those of you who might be interested in taking the fiberglass plunge. After all the time invested in the project, I have some serious respect for those of you who have done this before. It took several months before I finished it (many breaks, oh, and the birth of my son!). I'm satisfied with the results:

493978_75_full.jpg

493978_84_full.jpg

493978_104_full.jpg

493978_113_full.jpg

Feel free to sign my page's guestbook if you're so inclined. Thanks for your time.

John
Looks really nice man.... How does it sound??? I don't think I have ever seen a box with only .40 ft3 per sub...

Again, looks real nice. Thanks for posting. I wish alot more people would make posts simmilar to yours..

Thanks. So far, so good. I had a problem with the amp that I just fixed, so I'll have to hold off on a final "review" until I re-mount the amp. After 12 years or so of service, the power strip screws inside the amp loosened on its 12v input. I hope that was it, anyway!

Re: the .40 ft3, officially it's .42 ft3 (not that it matters when it's that close!). I wouldn't have tried this size with anything but the IDQs (sealed enclosure ranges from 0.60cuft. (large)--0.50cuft (medium)--0.30cuft (small); here's the spec sheet. The ID guys suggested the polyfill, which I've used before with good results.

That's pretty sweet man. Nice and clean. I like it. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Looks very nice. A nice choice of equipment too. Clean, simple, effective. I like it.

- Steve //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.