Has anyone used o2 audio speakers??

07ramjam
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Ive been shopping for some speakers and originally had about a 350.00 budget,but due to some unforseen expenses I cant spend that much right now.

Anyway, a local store just started carrying o2 Audio comps.I believe its the Spiral series 6.5's,has anyone heard or used these?I can have them installed for 120.00.I did a google search,but I really didnt come up with much.I also did a search here and found pretty much nothing.Any input???

Their air2 pros (oxygen audio), don't sound bad, but as a company they are horrible. I would consider the spiral series at or below Sony. I think their spiral coax used to be made by power acoustics, their PR series actually. I used to be a dealer for them, and have since stopped carrying their products, due to O2's lack of knowledge and poor service. I would suggest you look for another company.

Well,I decided to try them.I mean for 120.00 installed I figured what the hell.

Anyway,I have to say Im pretty impressed.Before these I had some Infinity 5.1 Perfects and I really didnt much care for them.The 02's seem to have a more open sound,more spacious.Even the guy who installed was pretty surprised at how well they sound.They havent sold that many of the comp sets,but he was pleasently surprised by their performance.Im powering them with a 50x4 Memphis amp.Im looking to upgrade to a 100 watt amp sometime soon(I hope).I know these speakers can handle it with no problem.

As far as the midrange goes,there isnt really alot.The installer said that my doors are pretty crappy for mid bass and Highly suggested deadening to really wake them up.I mean there are 2 huge cutouts in my doors.I would love to do this,but I dont have the cash this close to Christmas.

I dont know how well they'll hold up,but for a "lowend" speaker Im liking them so far!!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.