Has anyone ever tried JBL GT5-15 subs?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Based

CarAudio.com Elite
Louisiana
I'm wanting to put 2 15s in a Tahoe for super cheap for my brother just for fun. Right now he has a kicker cvr 12 in a 4 cubic foot sealed box and it's nice but we want to keep building boxes and keep trying out different budget subs to see what they can do.

Has anyone ever had a JBL GT5-15? Is it worth the $70 or should I go with two Soundqubed HDS215's?

It's going to be on stock electrical so we are limited to about 1000rms.

I'm wanting to put 2 15s in a Tahoe for super cheap for my brother just for fun. Right now he has a kicker cvr 12 in a 4 cubic foot sealed box and it's nice but we want to keep building boxes and keep trying out different budget subs to see what they can do.
Has anyone ever had a JBL GT5-15? Is it worth the $70 or should I go with two Soundqubed HDS215's?

It's going to be on stock electrical so we are limited to about 1000rms.
they honestly do better ported but it should work. I wouldnt get the HDS over them.

You will never really see what budget subs can do if you just stick with sealed. taping into only 1/3 of what they can really do.

With sealed i dont think you can even reach this level of output even with 15s on a thousand watts vs these 12s ported on 400 watts.

they honestly do better ported but it should work. I wouldnt get the HDS over them.
You will never really see what budget subs can do if you just stick with sealed. taping into only 1/3 of what they can really do.

With sealed i dont think you can even reach this level of output even with 15s on a thousand watts vs these 12s ported on 400 watts.

lol that looks louder than my 4 15s ported on 3k were...
I just like the frequency response of sealed better than ported that's why I want to go sealed.

lol that looks louder than my 4 15s ported on 3k were...
I just like the frequency response of sealed better than ported that's why I want to go sealed.
I get 22hz to 70hz strong with my ported setup bud. Idk what more you can ask with frequency response. Designing around your car acoustics along with testing is key. If you are getting limited frequency response and output then you've designed a poor box.

I get 22hz to 70hz strong with my ported setup bud. Idk what more you can ask with frequency response. Designing around your car acoustics along with testing is key. If you are getting limited frequency response and output then you've designed a poor box.
I just don't like having to turn it down on certain songs on certain notes because the subs move so much more. I had my 15s tuned to 31 and they lacked punch (above 60hz) and when it played under like 28 you really had to monitor the volume. I just like the set it and forget it of sealed and the even response.

Unless my box was just bad... Which I think it was. I didn't build it someone else did.

not a proper box design if it starts to unload fast and die out at 60hz along with not having an even response. Sealed is a cop out but its not the most even response. Its linear but FAR from anything being flat and even. what sealed plays at 30hz is vastly different then 45hz db wise so by no means is it even.

Flat and even is when you play 25hz to 65hz with less than 3 db variation between all the frequencies which is only possible with more advanced enclosures.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.