Half or full bridge?

What type of sub amplifier do you run?

• Total voters
[quote name='adulbrich']^That's the theory. Many are still reluctant to run Brazilian. As long as you don't wire below rated, you should be fine.

Full-bridge is great for daily, but I'm not sure that they are right for SPL burps. Don't see a lot of Brazilian topology in the competition lanes.

I did see someone running Taramps a while back, and know someone who competed with a Stetsom 2kd though. Is Stetsom quite a bit different than the others? Boards look different. @mylows10;[/QUOTE]

Craig butler ran sound digital for a few years.

^That's the theory. Many are still reluctant to run Brazilian. As long as you don't wire below rated, you should be fine.
Oh, also don't run resistive loads of the amp's rated value. Oh, also don't have system voltage too high when running a lot of power. Oh, also don't have system voltage too low when running a lot of power.

The amp's tolerances for anything are much lower overall. You have a smaller window to sit in. I think Banda's protection circuits are pretty **** good though, luckily.

The main difference I've seen between Stetsom soundigital and taramp is the crossovers on the amps. Stetsom seems to have invested more time there which makes for a better daily amp. All 3 amp really don't like any voltage over 14.6 and some may even blow. I actually talked to mari from stetsom at ces about this. She reason was most of the Brazilian cars have voltage at 14.4 or less so they designed the amps to work well in that range. She also said if you need the higher voltage amp. Then go 18 volt stable. Anyway. My sd 8k didn't have a good xover at all,frankly it was junk. My teammates taramp 4k looks like the same crossover as well like said. Don't go under rated impedance and under voltage you'll be fine. But consider a external crossover for daily
Never had problems with my Banda over 14.4v. It saw 15.2v a couple times.

Stetsom power supplies looked different, and their board layout is not the same either. Thanks for the info

Oh, also don't run resistive loads of the amp's rated value. Oh, also don't have system voltage too high when running a lot of power. Oh, also don't have system voltage too low when running a lot of power.
The amp's tolerances for anything are much lower overall. You have a smaller window to sit in. I think Banda's protection circuits are pretty **** good though, luckily.
Mine has never protected. Never saw low voltage though.

Also, since subs are reactive, not resistive, it doesn't bother me.

You do make some valid points that are all correct, but they didn't affect my overall experience.

I want to run a taramps 6500 2ohm as my next amp. But my voltage with my DC alt is 15.2 cold and sits at 15.0 most of the time. So I'm thinking a 4-5k Korean amp at .5

I want to run a taramps 6500 2ohm as my next amp. But my voltage with my DC alt is 15.2 cold and sits at 15.0 most of the time. So I'm thinking a 4-5k Korean amp at .5
Didn't have problems with the Banda at that voltage

Mine has never protected. Never saw low voltage though.
Also, since subs are reactive, not resistive, it doesn't bother me.

You do make some valid points that are all correct, but they didn't affect my overall experience.

soooooooo real question is.... between the m4a and the banda which one got you louder? Any sound differences?

soooooooo real question is.... between the m4a and the banda which one got you louder? Any sound differences?
The M4a is currently on a FedEx truck here in Springfield. Should get here some time today.

I haven't even got it yet, haha

The M4a is currently on a FedEx truck here in Springfield. Should get here some time today.
I haven't even got it yet, haha
Keep us updated man, if you can, do the same ohm load as you did with the Brazilian to have a direct swap feel/comparison. Been on the fence of buying a Brazilian 6-8k or a Korean 5k. Wiring options are 1 ohm and 0.25 ohms nominal so the Brazilian looks like the better choice as of now.

Keep us updated man. Been on the fence of buying a brazilian 6-8k or a korean 5k. Gonna wiring options are 1 ohm and 0.25 ohms nominal so the brazilian looks like the better choice as of now.
Will do. I'm in the same boat. My Z was a dual .5 ohm and my N3's are getting d1's. I don't even really want to wire the M4a less than 1. Should put out enough power for an IB setup, right? I'm not sure how impedance rise is with infinite baffle. I'm sure there still is some, but its caused mainly by the driver, not the "enclosure" like in ported setups

Keep us updated man, if you can, do the same ohm load as you did with the Brazilian to have a direct swap feel/comparison. Been on the fence of buying a Brazilian 6-8k or a Korean 5k. Wiring options are 1 ohm and 0.25 ohms nominal so the Brazilian looks like the better choice as of now.
Package just got here!

Pic next to Banda:

IMG_20150227_112428_489_zpspb4zuldz.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...