• Brand X: 320A - $375 Shipped
  • JS: 270A - $424 Shipped
  • Excessive Amerage: 250A - $475 Shipped
  • Power Bastards: 220A - $435 Shipped
  • Iraggi: Waiting for Quote
  • Singer: Waiting for Quote
  • DC Power: Can't Build for this model
  • Mechman: Can't Build for this model
Thoughts on any of the companies I have quotes from?

I've dealt with Excessive Ampereage for many years now and he has always done me right and I'd vouch for his alts being good quality. I don't see Ohio Generator on your list but a lot of the big SPL competitors up in the northeast use them with good results. Oh, and I have bought amps from Mike Singer before FWIW I got what I paid for the once I dealt with him.

Idk about these guys but they pop up in searches for high output alternators for civics, give them a call

Are you going to bypass the PCM? Or whatever it is on those cars that cuts alt output at idle

Auto Tech just gave me a quote for a 270-280 amp with a voltage bypass regulator for $450 shipped

Someone posted earlier that just turning on the headlights makes Hondas charge up to 14.4. I have to go out and confirm this at some point.

That was me and yes it is true, the pictures posted of the volt meter were in this Honda Civic.

I personally would go Singer or EA. My buddy is a dealer for EA and my team mates civic 300 amp alt was $450.

Brand X is cheapest cause they use used parts... *Cough*

Funny you say that and yet I had my OEM rebuilt by a local shop near my old hometown in Illinois and it isn't some name brand and its at 240amps. And it only cost me 125 bucks to have it done. Still doing perfectly fine after 2.5 years.

Funny you say that and yet I had my OEM rebuilt by a local shop near my old hometown in Illinois and it isn't some name brand and its at 240amps.

Implying you'll ever see that in real world conditions and that's not just some ******** pie in the sky test bench number. I'd be curious to see you clamp that and show us 240A coming out of it.

Don't have a clamp and sure as hell not buying one to satisfy someone on the internet, nothing personal but I have no use for a clamp nor can I afford one. I trust these people, they have been in business since the after WWII and are friends of the family.

Also people have had issues with all of those alternator brands listed, no company is 100% reliable when they build them regardless if it is all new components or if they are rebuilt. If they claim they are they then are the ones full of it.

Last edited:
I personally would go Singer or EA.
Singer is the man, especially if you have an annoying voltage regulator

My previous car wast a Honda and he was the only person out of 5 different companies that actually had a built in bypass for the ELD. Not only that the idle amperage is solid on all of his units which is a big plus (idle amperage is iffy for most companies)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

I'mPoor:(

SoundQubed Is Life.
I'mPoor:(
Gadsden, Alabama
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from